Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why don't you practice for gun assaults?

Yes, good thread. Just wanted to reiterate the point that simple works. On gun and knife disarms, fancy sh!t will just get you cut, or shot. I havent really worked gun disarms but Ive played with the knife a bit. Another thing to keep in mind when working gun disarms, is the possibility of another person being in the area, potentially in the line of fire while you are disarming the aggressor.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Why don't I? Never seen one... except a wonky 22 air rifle my mate and I used to shoot tins off a fence with, and those in the hands of LEOs.
    Originally posted by Black Jack
    Firearms are a part of the world. Neglecting to understand that fact is a bad decision IMO.
    I understand the fact that firearms are a part of your world.

Otherwise it comes down to Ap's post about who's gonna be good to teach you. It's not that I've deliberately shunned firearm responses but as a busy man at work, with barely enough time to train seriously at the moment it's so low on my list of priorities as to be negligible.

Plus, I know for a fact Krav teachers and WW2 combat teachers don't grow on trees!

As you say BJ, it's useful to keep it simple. Having been in several spots of real life grief in the ****hole where I lived for a good few years, I know what it feels like to freeze when faced with say, a chain, a bottle, a knife, or a large gang... Now I have largely got through the freeze response, but this wasn't through any amount of training: unfortunately it was through experience of getting the **** kicked out of me when I froze!!!

So to me keeping it simple is just working on what I know works... in my case, disarms taught and drilled with my police instructor aiki sensei. I don't think I need extra training to tell me to stay the **** away from the end with the hole in it... ! Maybe the experts will tell me different...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

CPA and myself froze on friday. Botched a pipe hand off. First time ever. I just froze and stared as the pipe fell and shattered on the cement. My hacky sack training has failed me.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.