Thread: Internal Arts Demo in OKC

Internal Arts Demo in OKC

This next Saturday the 25th, Gary Romel and I are giving an internal arts demonstration at a local outdoor Karate tournament in Oklahoma City, Okla. If anybody is local and wants to come out and support CMA or just meet some friends, please let us know. Gary will be demonstrating Taijiquan and I will be showing some Baguazhang.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    HEY CHRIS, HOWS IT GOING SON

Listen, u know any of sleep deprivatoin and altered states of the mind? If yes, please help my thread
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=26133

Oh yeah, make em the audience go dizzy with the bagua!!
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Where is the tournment at? Who is hosting it?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The tournament is part of an outdoor exhibition at Frontier City Amusement Park at 9 a.m. It's being hosted by Jim Butin's National Karate and Troy Cheatwood's Karate.

Thanks for the info.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

We did our neijia demonstration at the tournament today and things went well. Our demo time was excruciatingly short, but sweet. All we had time to do is for Gary to announce to the emcee that we would be demonstrating Taiji and Bagua and then we went for it. We received some very good compliments for our display so apparently the audience liked it. Gary and two of his students also competed in the point sparring tournament. Gary got robbed of quite a few points because he wasn't told that his open-handed strikes wouldn't count as points, no matter how solidly they landed...only closed fists counted. In all, we had a good time and were glad to be introducing CMA to a Karate/TKD crowd.

My only regret is that I didn't get to thump some enlightenment into a couple of CMA detractors. Oh well. :P

Chris, what have you and Gary been up to? Hope you're all doing well.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Doing fine here, rogue. We've each been busy doing different things. Lately, I've been busy (besides work) with organizing my methods for a possible project. I hadn't been posting anywhere till fairly recently, then started back up on emptyflower and occasionally here. I'm starting to remember why I stopped posting at EF the first time a couple of years ago. I'm also starting to get the seminar bug again big time. I need to get out in front of people on a larger scale again. Maybe someone will be interested in internal arts for actual combat and I'll land a few gigs. We'll see. In the meantime, keep yer powder hard and yer weapon dry...or something like that.

Chris,
    Last summer I fell in with some Tai Chi guys, after giving Gary a hard time a while back I think I finally get some of what you guys were talking about. Check in once in awhile.

Keep us posted on your seminars and projects.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.