Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new moderator

new moderator

Instead of a moderator who focuses on prove this or that, why not find a moderator who is a practitioner of Chinese medicine, tui na, chi gung. Would not this make sense in a forum on Chinese medicne. Would there be a karate practitioner or a boxer moderating the Shaolin or kung fu or Praying Mantis forums? Of course not.

Thumbs up

I have deleted two of your abusive threads already.

If you have a problem with me,you´d be better off letting me know DIRECTLY.We´re not looking for shows of little relevance in this forum,issues that can be dealt with elsewhere,should be-.

AND,if you´re after a new moderator,please contact an authority and see what you´ll come up with.
    You´re free to do something about it.The same logic appreciated.

Would there be a karate practitioner or a boxer moderating the Shaolin or kung fu or Praying Mantis forums? Of course not.
    That CAN make sense.
    But when you reconsider that,you may notice that common sense is sometimes irrational,even.
    Considering the requirements&such,one should find no problem with a boxer moderating a kung-fu forum.
    Heathens can study theology too...
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

RTB moderates the fitness forum, and hes not into weightlifting and such.

why is it bad that a critical voice is the head of a discussion forum? that can only make up for better discussions. Think about this fact: a discussion is between 2 people who have 2 opposing viewpoints, it can never take place between people who agree on the same subject. then its not a discussion, but an assertive conversation.

U can learn something from him, and he can learn something from u. That is what a forum is about.

Now shut up and make the man do his job.

new moderator

The difference beween the moderator on the exercise forum and formerc is that on the exercise forum there is rarely if ever, as far as I have read, comments along the lines of prove this scientifically, I'm skeptical of that, this is the scientific way the traditional is superstitious and bs. This is former c's compulsion. Most of the posts deal with this is what I do ,this works for me, or hey can anyone out there help me? They come from real life experiences, not conjecture. Former c have you tried Chinese medicine, in any form. I urge you to try it before making decisions; however I doubt that will happen.
    As far as deleting posts, why did you delete RAF's posts or mine? As far as personal attack, they weren't since I clearly asked the question,"Hey Gene , can't you find a person who is a pratitioner of Chinese medicne etc to be a moderator?" The questions I asked, such as why use wine verse hard liquor for liniments, why Japanese verse Chinese verse Dr. Tan verse 5 elemet acupuncture are great things to discuss on a Chinese Medicine forum. So why would an open minded man delete those posts?
    A great post was the discussion from repulse monkey regarding ghosts points and emotions. He's learning and is obviously inspired since he enrolled into school and is doing it, living it, it being Chinese medicne with 5 element emphasis.
    Part of a discussion is to be able to say ,"I don't know," former c.
    Working in a system where modern western medicine is integrated with complimentary medicine, I have time to listen and learn from both sides of the coin. We work together. I have access to western people working with Chinese medicine on diabetes, HIV, Hep C, multiple sclerosis, depression, addictions, pain management,asthma.
    Living in Finland or Demark, where ever, I can't talk to you directly. I'm just stating my opinion that if Gene Cheng looked, he may find a more open minded moderator, who comes from real life experiences.
    And that person is not me.

Thumbs up

The difference beween the moderator on the exercise forum and formerc is that on the exercise forum there is rarely if ever, as far as I have read, comments along the lines of prove this scientifically, I'm skeptical of that, this is the scientific way the traditional is superstitious and bs. This is former c's compulsion.
    lol I do not think I have said exactly that.You created a bit of a strawman.
    As for what goes on in a forum,there HAS been such debating in the "health" forum (if that´s what you mean).

Most of the posts deal with this is what I do ,this works for me, or hey can anyone out there help me? They come from real life experiences, not conjecture.
    More or less the way that things are done down here?

As far as deleting posts, why did you delete RAF's posts or mine?
    I deleted your posts because they were unrelated,and abusive (to me,that is).You´re not telling me you´ve forgotten "Ban formercastle",for example? Or,what was that one..."Former C should be former" (sp?)
    I deleted a few of RAF´s threads because I found them unrelated.

I clearly asked the question,"Hey Gene , can't you find a person who is a pratitioner of Chinese medicne etc to be a moderator?"
    Now wait a minute...what thread was that? My memory fails. None of the above I think (unless it was the second one of your "fire FC" threads).
    Unless,you are referring to a personal discussion,which would be strange.Nonetheless,as I have said,those issues can be solved outside of this forum.

The questions I asked, such as why use wine verse hard liquor for liniments, why Japanese verse Chinese verse Dr. Tan verse 5 elemet acupuncture are great things to discuss on a Chinese Medicine forum. So why would an open minded man delete those posts?
    Sounds terribly unfamiliar.What thread(s) was that? I sincerely do not recall myself deleting any of that.

(Not commenting much on the rest of the post since we´ve discussed that previously).

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

New moderator

Well, this is the first time I've had a problem with a new moderator. FC and I are discussing the situation in PM. His stances on deletion have been too excessive and I have asked him to tone down. Clearly, we have gotton off on the wrong foot but I'm sure we can solve allof this amicably.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene Ching,

Please also consider the points I brought to FC's attention which he did not respond to in the Virtues/emotions thread.

Regarding the significance of the threads calling to remove FC...

(FC,) I think that they reflect that something about this forum, perhaps your actively biased, hypercritical presence within it as moderator, is amiss. This is not an attack. This my thoughtful perspective, eccoed by some members of this forum, which is substantiated by your admission that 1) Chinese medical theory is not valid 2) Chinese medical relations appear made up to you 3) you have read not even an introductory text on the basics of Chinese medical theory, as well as your lack of acknowledgement that 4) Chinese medical theory exists within a paradigm predating and not superimposable onto Biomedicine 5) Chinese medicine was developed in part upon repeated case histories and not clinical or scientific research studies.
    I agree that it makes more sense to have a moderator who is a practitioner or student of Chinese medicine rather that someone who is openly biased against it.

Please also consider the points I brought to FC's attention which he did not respond to in the Virtues/emotions thread.
    Well,we have been trough all that,have not we?

I agree that it makes more sense to have a moderator who is a practitioner or student of Chinese medicine rather that someone who is openly biased against it.
    Never mind reading my humble rebuttal.
    Regardless,you´ll be having your ways.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Former moderator, Former castleva

Former castleva has agreed to step down as moderator. We appreciate his efforts, but unfortunately it didn't work. I look forward to his continued participation on this board - both skeptics and beleivers are welcome, but it was a poor fit for a moderator of this forum.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs down

These whiny board members have made FC stop posting in this site, period. That's what he said in a another thread. I really hope he changes his mind, he's one of the few who actually post relevant stuff and not acts like a ****ing baby all the time (read Pilgrim)

I'm embarrased to say I even post at the same site as you people
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

If the forum is anything, it's democratic

This episode with Former casteleva has been unfortunate. Anytime anyone volunteers to be a moderator, their past post record is reviewed by me and others. But the key word here is that it is a volunteer job. It's also a tough job, much more than you might think, because a lot of the real work you never see. The best moderators are often lurkers, the bulk of the work is behind the scenes. Now all moderators have their agendas. But unfortunately, FC's agenda was at odds with a large portion of this forum. He used his moderator powers to delete threads that he found offensive, but other forum members felt he was deleting counter arguments that were relevant. Unfortunately you cannot be moderate when you take a side.

In the end, Former casteleva has my respect for first, volunteering for the job, and second, stepping down when things got out of hand. I'm sorry that he is choosing to leave, first because it appears so cowardly, and second, because his skepticism was a welcome contribution to this forum. But I can understand that he holds some resentment. Certainly, when you volunteer your services for something like our forum, and it doesn't work out, it's easy to take it personally. I truly hope that after everyone cools down about what happened, Former casteleva will be welcomed back with open arms and we can continue our discussions of TCM, pros and cons, in a civilised and productive manner.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

13. probably too little too late

I began reading this forum again because of moderator's skeptism. Perhaps the deletion was a bit heavy, but there is always a learning curve, isn't there?

In any case, I'm sure that as the sections get swamped with more and more unsubstantiated fables, I'll find less and less reason to read the forum. Too bad, really.

CT

You are always welcome to contribute your skepticism

Don't leave it to others. But at the same time, this is a discussion forum, so everyone has a right to have their say, whether it be skeptical or faithful. It would be silly to try to have a forum where eveyone agreed. Or at least, it would be really boring.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Instead of a moderator who focuses on prove this or that, why not find a moderator who is a practitioner of Chinese medicine, tui na, chi gung.
    Found this old thread while looking for something completely different. FWIW, we have that now with herb ox. Not only is he my Bak Sil Lum Shidi, he is a practicing acupuncturist and herbalist (that's in part where the 'herb' in his forum name comes from). He operates his own clinic.

Just sayin'.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips