Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Protein Powder

The Ultimate Protein Powder

After two years of experimenting with different mixes, I finally got it. The protein factory staff helped me with the final mix. I thought I would post it here because I have never got as good results from a powder as I'm getting now. I'm on EDT training right now (a bodybuilding workout, look it up at T-mag if your not familliar) and I'm putting on muscle like crazy considering I only started 2 and a half weeks ago. I thought I'd post my mix for you all to try if you like:

25% micellear cassein protein
    5% glutamine peptides
    5% Hydrolized 1400 whey
    10% egg white
    55% CFM Whey Isolate

Add Aminogen
    Add Vitamin and Mineral powder

When I mix it, i add my own flax seed meal and take it with some good fast-burning carbs.

www.proteinfactory.com is where I did it

This mix has hydrolized protein and glutamine peptides that can be used to build muscle very quickly, a lot of CFM whey isolate because its the highest quality basic protein you can put into your body, and egg white protein for amino acid diversity, as egg white protein has an excellent A. A. profile. The cassein takes longer to digest, so you have two proteins being used nearly imeediately, the CFM a little later, and the Cassein after that. Aminogen raises the protein content in the blood by catalyzing its digestion, and the Vit and Min powder you want when you do serious lifting. Give it a try. I have been trying various ingredients and percentages in my mixes for about two years, and this is by far the best. As a side note, this stuff doesn't taste very...how should I say...drink-able, but I found you can make it taster pretty goof with a few drops of vanilla extract and sugar (preferrably brown).
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro

u said uve been putting on muscles like crazy in two and a half weeks only huh

interesting.

though, care to tell me how much more weight you can lift - for any of the exercises--compared to before
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi

Where would someone get the stuff you just listed?

^ He said Protein Factory.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

How much is it?

How many grams of protein/serving?

How many servings/container?

Thanks.

My bad, didn't see that.

How much would it be for 5 pounds of that formula? I didn't see anything on there that told.

J-himself- Not exactly what I meant. In comparison with the gains I have made on 6 other mixes I have used in the past two years, there is a very noticeable difference. In the past I have just used a very high percentage of CFM whey with a little (10-15%) egg white for amino acid diversity. I didn't exactly mean I went from normal person to mr. O in three weeks, just that three pounds of muscle (same bf% before/after) is pretty good for anyone, and I'm a semi-hardgainer. Since I have been on EDT, my numbers haven't gone up all that much, except for my arms, which are coming along nicely. I thought EDT would be a good break from powerlifting for two months or so, but the program is definitely not designed for strength. Also, while protein powder is important to any powerlifter, it cannot be pointed to as the cause of all strength gains. The amount of muscle you put on while on in conjunction with how your body reacts to a certain lifting program is a better sign of how well a protein powder works. In case you were wondering, as far as strength goes, I was concentrating on my deadlift up until I started EDT. I am putting up a little over 300 right now in both sumo and standard. Not exactly impressive, I know, but this is with a newly rehabilitated lower back, which was injured on an O clean about 9 months ago. I have only been able to get back into deads in the last 4 months. I am aiming for 400 by the summer, but I have to be careful not to overdo things.

Viper555 and FordPrefect- It cost me about $40 for three pounds and shipping at protein factory. You can put in the mixture, or any onther mix youd like into a little calculator page they have, but I can't remember the numbers. I take 32 grams/serving (measured on a toploader balance scale-my new solution to avoid guesswork). As a side note, it doesn't tase all that great. I had it unflavored with splenda sweetener, but I found that with a little vanilla extract and extra sugar (hey, its just carbs), it tastes pretty good. I take it with flax seed meal and some sort of fast burning carb slowly starting an hour and a half before I lift.
    I hope that clears up some of the questions. Try it out if you need a mix. I'd be glad to hear an suggestions.
    adam
    Last edited by lowsweep; 10-30-2003 at 03:21 PM.
    -Zorro

About how many servings would you get out of the 3 pounds?

My protein shake:

two cups milk
    1/2 cup powdered milk
    one tbsp. creatine
    Hershey's chocolate syrup to taste

this provides:

40 grams of protein
    5 grams creatine monohydrate
    assorted vitamins and calcium
    350 calories

Total cost: 50 cents, give or take a nickel
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 10-30-2003 at 08:18 PM.

Oh, and add two table spoons of peanut butter if you want a weight gainer... adds another couple hundred calories.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 10-30-2003 at 08:20 PM.

What's powdered milk taste like? You should put a banana in there maybe.

Samurai Jack- That sounds like a good basic all day shake, but make sure you know how your body reacts to each protein you use in addition to just how much protein is there. You may already know this, but the protein in milk is broken down very slowly in the intestinal tract compared to whey isolates and egg proteins. This means you get several hours of continuous protein flowing into your blood stream, and 40 grams is a good serving size for that. It isn't what you'd want to use pre- or post-workout, though. For that you will want something that is broken down a lot faster, at least a whey isolate and possibly a hydrolized or peptide protein. The cassein that is in milk is excellent to mix with these others, as you end up with a powder that puts protein right into your blood stream and then continues with a steady flow of protein for several hours. Also, all the calcium you're getting makes it tough to put on weight. This may be a concern if you're a hardgainer. I know I up my calcium intake when I go on a cutting phase, and I'm not alone on this one. Check T-Mag for several articles and links to studies about the various proteins if you're interested. I haven't tried creatine yet, though I may do so in the future, but it would seem to make more sense to me to work with the most chemically efficient blend of protein with carbs and healthy fats before you start adding other chemical supplementation. Good point with the peanut butter, though. I like a few PBH (peanut butter and honey) sandwiches with my shakes. I have a friend whose brother went on to the NFL and lived on PBH, 22 a day literally, his last year of highschool and through college. Talk about a way to overcome hardgainer-ness.
    -Zorro

Lowsweep, have you ever wondered why all of the "research" you see on protein powders is conducted by unknown laboratories, or worse yet the companies that produce protein powders, and can only be found on the side of a protein powder can?

Here's a clue:

It cost me about $40 for three pounds and shipping at protein factory.
    And that's considered a "good price" !?!?

Jeez I'll sell you three pounds of protein for only thirty five dollars, and it'll be the most anabolically active (read: your body can use it to build muscle), high quality MBF amino acids (protein), synergistic amino uptake precursers (vitamins), cutting edge energy and performance fuels (carbs),and hormone generating EFAs (fat) you ever saw in a protein powder (powdered milk). I even can even send it to you in three flavors, which are garanteed to improve the taste and slim your wallet!

This quote from the Proteinfactory website:

supplement companies try to fool the consumer with scientific jargon, the truth is these terms really do not mean anything.
    Amazing that they're willing to admit it.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 11-06-2003 at 08:20 PM.

Originally posted by Samurai Jack
    synergistic amino uptake precursers (vitamins)
    lol. Did you make that up? rofl!