Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the Dragon

I never knew why it was banned initially.

At the time, the TV stations were all government owned.

There was a time that they aired 24 hours programming. The puppet shows and Ming (short for Fu Jian) opera were popular.

After the oil crises, the TV air time was cut. One and half hours at noon and 6 hours in the evening.

Oh, most of the farmers were watching puppet shows and opera and no one was attending to their farms, I think.

I met Carradine once. He's kind of pathetic. It was a disillusioning experience. The poor old dude's liver spots have liver spots.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

My mate Steve's flat. I sleep on a sleeping bag on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    I met Carradine once. He's kind of pathetic.
    More like you don't you mean!

There's a taste of your own medicine "Simon" if that is your real name.

All disillusioning experiences are positive by the merit that they remove the illusion from your perception and you get to see what is actualy there.

It also teaches us to not carry so many preconcieved notions and the effect is that we are not so quick to support or detract from things we haven't directly experienced for ourselves.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    All disillusioning experiences are positive by the merit that they remove the illusion from your perception and you get to see what is actualy there.

It also teaches us to not carry so many preconcieved notions and the effect is that we are not so quick to support or detract from things we haven't directly experienced for ourselves.

You're wonderfully pretentious. Anyway I was round my m8 Andy's house the other day and he knew this site about bruce lee yeah? So yeah he had this picture of what bruce lee from the future looked like check it out Bruce Lee fans!

Bruce Lee from the future

"Many paths must be taken in order to reach the end of your inner journey" - Prof. Sammo Hung

I'm sorry but............................................... .

................................... You are a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Fist
    More like you don't you mean!

There's a taste of your own medicine "Simon" if that is your real name.
    Ok, a bit at a time.

First of all that first line is entirely non-sequitur. I don't what exactly?

Second my name really is Simon. To be specific I am Simon Barry McNeil. I was born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada at McMaster Hospital on Feb. 23, 1979. I attended the University of Western Ontario (London, Ontario, Canada) and graduated on June 16, 2005. While I lived in London I trained at Northern Black Dragon Martial Arts. You can access them on the web at www.nbdma.com

Currently I reside on the west campus of Luliang Higher College in Luliang City (Lishi), Shanxi, China where I am employed as an ESL teacher. I practice martial arts here through the auspices of the Luliang Higher College PE department where I focus on Sanshou.

Unfortunately LLHC does not have a website I am aware of. However all of this information should be confirmable by contacting various hospitals, schools and employment agencies if you care to check. I am not an artificial cyber-construct like you Mega_Fist (since you will undobutedly be too stupid to understand what I mean by this, what I mean is that I'm not somebody's idea of a running joke nor am I a martial arts fanboy who likes to talk big despite having never taken a class).

Grow a brain moron.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    To be specific I am Simon Barry McNeil.

Unfortunately LLHC does not have a website I am aware of.

Grow a brain moron.
    I have a mate called Barry. He's so hard he once punched a wall like 5 times in a row. Anyway, how do you expect me to believe that if it doesn't even have a website!?

You need to be more wise I think and more spiritual too.

"the power of the self is the spiritual of the tiger palm"

Enter the Dragon

Maybe one of you can remember the form Bruce Lee performed in the movie Enter the dragon? It seems to be a form from a north style that was common in Hong Kong. I think I saw a thread in this forum but can not find it. Thanks a bunch.

Mig

He did a form?

In the beginning, he fights kempo, then he gives a lesson in one kick to a kid. single chamber front kick, generic shaolin really.

the only thing that would be formish would be the cave fight scene where he plays with the nunchakus. Which aren't chinese and aren't part of kung fu training except in styles that have brought them in following that movie actually. lol

Kung Fu is good for you.

He does a classic BSL triple kick in his room

There's a scene just before when he's going to go out for some ninja-action. Lee is in his room and throws some moves. I'm not sure that's a traditional form, but it's surely moves extrapolated from one.

Is this our first Enter the Dragon thread?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene,

Precisely. I read in a Chinese magazine, that part is from a form or practice drill and I believe is from the north quite popular. The problem is that I can not find this thread somewhere. And you are right "enter the dragon" instead of the rabbit.

Thanks,

Mig

I couldn't find one either, mig

You got to remember, this forum only dates back a decade and we only started posting on film buzz over the last few years. ETD was 1973. A lot of the classics that predate this forum don't have threads yet, but we'll get them filled out as questions like yours pop up. ETD is one of the truly groundbreaking films of the genre, so it's due time. I reference it a lot; even referenced it in my latest Tiger Claw blog : Biters vs. Fighters.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

When I was living in Taiwan, I saw a lot of old-school northern Chang Chuan (Long Fist) styles, and even practiced some for a couple of years, and saw a similar kicking combination as the one Lee did in his room in ETD (just before Bob Wall knocks on his door). I don't know if it was used as a particular drill, but it was commonly seen at some point in many sets. There were differences, though; the Chang Chuan/Changquan combo usually consisted of a right jumping front snap kick (slapping the instep), followed by the left sole of foot slap, then the tornado kick, all more or less going towards the front. Lee altered the directions a bit.

Greetings,

That kick combination can be found in the Five Leopard Fist of Eagle Claw. I remember reading somewhere on the net that Bruce Lee got that sequence from that form. I do not know the facts about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXbEmrSunpk

mickey