Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mullins Tournament

Originally posted by Oso

pardon me but

mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ok, got that out.

wasn't laughing at you SA

replied to your pm, please email me at the enclosed email.
    Thanks for the info Oso. I thought he did some unusual things too, but I had to respect his hand speed and his unortodox takedown. Fortunatley for me he didn't do much for the 3 seconds they allow you to fight on the ground.

Yu Shan, I replied to your PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    can you describe the takedown?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Originally posted by Oso
    can you describe the takedown?
    I haven't seen a video of it yet, and it happend very quickly, but my best guess is he sort of latched on and stuck to me as I was coming in and then threw his own weight backwards pulling me down with him. As soon as I lost my root I came up swinging but it was still a nice takedown.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Anyone going to be at the Kansas City tournie in March (an open tournie on the Kansas side)?

I think we're bringing a team there.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    did he bring his foot up to your hip?

if so then that MAY have been what we call a 'dragon' throw but it's essentiall the same as judo's tomoenage

http://www.judoinfo.com/images/animations/tomoenag.gif
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

No (I call that a sacrafice throw) it was more like he threw his legs behind my hips (to one side) and let his body weight bring me down as I was pressing forward. I've done the same thing trying to bring down a large running back in my football days.

NP, If I go anywhere this Spring I may try to make it to Columbus and see what things look like up there.

Yu Shan, it'd be great to have you and your training partners compete with us. I do wish we had more open tournaments. It's a shame really. Though Lexington is too big as it is and we've learned from the past what can happen if some people with egos bigger than they can handle walk in, as Yazen and Ben have already stated.

I'm already training hard for next year, so if any of your boys are between the ages of 14-16 and will have 2-3 1/2 years experience, you better get them ready!!!
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite