Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Question For The Judo And BJJ Guys

But you said this:

balance isn't really a leg strength issue.
    Then you said this:

What I said was that his problem may not necessarily be a strength issue.
    We both knew the later. My reply was generated by your initial thread.

Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Bent Stance III

7* - I'm getting pushed and pulled. I can't absorb an attack for shiat. I manage to block ok, but still get knocked on my azz. BTW, thanks again. I really appreciate the help.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

from a grappling standpoint, go with it, don't just stand there. If he's constantly pulling you forward, launch a forward attack on him. If he's pushing you, use a retreating or sacrifice attack.

Also, don't get in the habit of letting them control where you go... you control your own balance and motion. If he is constantly pulling you in a certain direction, he's likely trying to set you up for something by

1. waiting for just the right off balance or step for him to attack
    2. hoping you resist his off balance attempt. He may then attack in the direction you resisted in.

when he's trying step in a certain direction, change the direction - make him go with you.

Sorry if this is kinda ambiguous... I'm trying to rush to the the gym and also to get lunch.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Not Ambiguous

7* - No ambiguity at all. The problem with my sparring that your above post made me realize is that I am allowing others to dictate how and where I move. Sometimes all it takes is a different perspective to see the writing on the wall. Thanks.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

More often than not flexibility of your leg affect the extent in which you can balance yourself. Stif leg and you are scare craw.
    Engrish does not mine strong point.