Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hung gar guy on Discovery channel/ trapping hands

And somebody puh-leez answer me this-Why the ***** didn't anyone like Jet Lei, or Jacky Chan ever have Wong Fei-Hung doing HUNG-GA !!!????
    Doesn't Donnie Yen use Hung Gar techniques in Iron Monkey?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by TenTigers

And somebody puh-leez answer me this-Why the ***** didn't anyone like Jet Lei, or Jacky Chan ever have Wong Fei-Hung doing HUNG-GA !!!????
    Answer: Because Hung Ga is boring as hell to watch, just like most kung fu styles.....except Choy Lay Fut of course..hahaha

Hung Gar TV show

http://www.kwoon.com/

There you go ten tigers. Support these guys. Spread the word and buy their DVDs....

At least jackie Chan had WFH use a kiu sao. Jet didn't even do that. There was one WFH movie, "New Heroes of Shaolin" that had WFH doing some hung gar. A sequence looks right out of Tiger Crane. Donnie Yen plays beggar so in this movie

Also, north and south shaolin, starring jet li had Hung Gar great, Chiu Wai (and my si-gung) as the technical advisor for the southern monks. There is a seen that has sequence right out of gung gee.

These were exciting. For fu-pow, I know you are kiding around so take this in the same light, but name a great CLF movie besides the one with your si-gung. Lots of the old shaw bros movies have a heavy hung gar base. Of course mainly due to Gordon liu and family being hung gar folks.
    Last edited by hasayfu; 11-21-2003 at 03:42 PM.

umm off topic but i know some of you guys are on it...is the lion dance mailing list dead??? The last msg I recieved was on nov17th, but i e-mailed something and it didn't seem to work. Grr. would someone kindly tell me their last message they got from the list? Thanks

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    actually, there was a good scene with Choy Li Fut. Remember in Drunken Master II,Wong Fei-Hung wipes the flo' with the CLF guy in the fish market. (Nyah-Nyah ;-p ) yeah, and Wong Fei-Hung wuzn't even USING his Hung-Ga! Hah! So THERE!
    But serioulsy, folks-there is alot of Hung Ga in the movies-Gordon Liu usually represents, and the scene with Jacky Chan (not sure of the movie-perhaps supercop?) fighting the guys from People's Rep of China in the gym-there was alot of Nam Kuen, and in the same movie,Jacky Chan does a section of Fu-Hok on the top of the train, right before he sits down and the other guy buys it.
    But never do they mention that it's Hung-Ga. Heck, they didn't mention Bagua or Hsing-Yi in "The One" and it was all through it. Too bad it was only a characature of it and no real technique-but just the same, it was good to see it.

"chi to defend himself "

excuse my ignorance since I don't study Hung Gar but what exactly does this mean?

Check out Sammo Hung's Magnificent Butcher. Excellent movie! Sammo plays Lam Sai Wing and uses lots of Hung Gar. His style in the movie is even referred to as the "Hung Fist". He actually learns Hung Gar's 12 bridges from Beggar So in the film.
    "We'll show him.....Chinese Boxing!"

8. Lightbulb

Originally posted by Nevermind
    He actually learns Hung Gar's 12 bridges from Beggar So in the film.
    In case anyone cares...

Hung Gar Heroes gives some info on Beggar So, Tik Kiu Salm, Wong Kai Ying, et al.

CT