Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: more shaolin-do

Fred

"so how did this work? 200 years ago a bunch of bak mei peeps got together in a council and decided to create a style of long fist?"

The Bai/Bak/Pak/Bak Mei system was called "Nor Mei Shaolin" before 1949,GM Cheung Lai Chen named it White Eyebrow,so if there was a "White Eyebrow Counsel" 200 years ago I doubt it had anything to do with the Monk or his system of kung-fu.

Talking

for fung do fuks sake, ive seen some ducked up shiot on kfo, but this is pretty bad....

is this the council story where dogman killed the guy in the ceiling because he heard another person other than the council members breathing in the room, and therefore it was the guy in the ceiling........?????

the true story is that, one day,, su kong tai jin went to chuk fat wans temple to become a student. chuk fat wan told him that in order to get into the temple he had to get a hot wax and rid himself of all his hair....dogman agreed, and then proceeded to wash the temples lettuce for 3 years while sitting in horse stance. one day, chuk fat wan noticed hair i the lettuce and made su kong tai jin sleep with the dogs....not long after this day clc showed up, and learned from chuk fat wan,,,,,affter many years of watching clc train with chuk fat wan, su kong tai jin asked if he could learn,,,,,clc told him that he would teach him jik bo, only if he went on a tiger hunt with the other dogs,,,,su kong agreed, and months later, clc made up a cheerleading type form and taught it to su kong with pressure points and everything,,, this is where the original wahhhhhhhhh fist comes from.

thanks you

i farrted

uh oh spagghetio

su kong tai jin told me to tell you fat chuk is going to kick your a$$.
    My intent is to kill you, my heart wants you dead, my mind thinks of you dead, when I strike its to kill you - Sifu.

You are only as strong as your horse - Sigung Leung Cheung.

is this the council story where dogman killed the guy in the ceiling because he heard another person other than the council members breathing in the room, and therefore it was the guy in the ceiling........?????
    Please tell me this isn't a real SD story.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Please tell me this isn't a real SD story.
    As real as "Bak Mei" being able to make his abdomen paper thin against the wall to absorb a punch. It's SD mythology and in the same vein with much of Chinese martial mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Hmmmmmmm

"As real as "Bak Mei" being able to make his abdomen paper thin against the wall to absorb a punch. "

First time I've heard that one,was it in a Shaw Brother's film?

I'll see if I find where I read it at and post the link. My point is that there's Chinese History and Chinese myth and the martial arts are full of the latter being passed off as the former.

General Kwan's disembodied head opening it's eyes suddenly after the head was presented to Cao Cao is another example. It's a myth and bedtime story about a great martial general. I believe the story about Su Kong is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.