Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Source of Shaolin-Do Willfull Ignorance

Blog Entries

Source of Shaolin-Do Willfull Ignorance

I just came across this on the Shaolin-Do.com website. It was copied and pasted verbatim (but the Capitals are mine. )

"Attitude toward your teacher

Your teacher is the source of your ENTIRE knowledge. They should be treated with great respect, not only for their physical ability, but for their ability to teach. When your teacher tells you something, you should believe it. You should follow their advice almost BLINDLY because they have been there before. Grandmaster The' is probably the ONLY PERSON in the world with a comprehensive knowledge of the Shaolin system. You should treat him in the same manner as you would treat the President of the United States or other world leader.

We are extremely lucky to have him as our Grandmaster and you should not forget it. The old saying that familiarity breeds contempt is true, don't let this happen to you with your teacher or master. The friendlier you become with them the luckier you should feel and the more respect you should show. Loyalty to your teacher and master is a must. Without loyalty, there is no respect or trust. There have been traitors to us in the past and in almost every instance, the reason has been their massive egos, lack of respect and self discipline, and little or no loyalty. Don't let this happen to you. "

*****This explains a lot. It's funny how they use the language ALMOST and PROBABLY so then when someone calls them on it they can back out of it.

Blog Entries
    Just found a great pic of some SD black belts in action....

http://www.ohioshaolin.com/ohio_s2.jpg

Yes...that's right....BLACK BELTS!!!

anybody want some kool-aid?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Blog Entries
    http://www.ohioshaolin.com/SHAOLINDO...olinTemple.htm

More fascinating info on Shaolin-Do's links to the University of Shaolin's academic program.

Scroll down the page to find out what forms were taught at what temple.
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 10-27-2003 at 03:12 PM.

I have a very simple question, have ANY of these guys ever held a map of China in their hands? The stuff they say even regarding geography is a joke......
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    More useful stuff (BTW, I'm just combing the SD websites for tasty little nuggets.)

from swshaolin.com:

The Psychologist Abraham Maslow & Shaolin-Do

One of this century's best known Psychologists, Abraham Maslow, theorized that all humans desire self-growth and actualization. His theory, called the hierarchy of needs, suggested that a person first had to satisfy the baser needs before working on personal growth, identity and higher purpose within society. These needs are as follows (paraphrased).

1.) Hunger, Thirst, Procreation
    2.) Safety & Security = Shaolin-Do
    3.) Community, Belonging, Being Loved = Shaolin-Do
    4.) Self-Esteem = Shaolin-Do
    5.) Self-Actualizing (discovering your identity and purpose in the world) = Shaolin-Do

****Did somebody say CULT????

Thumbs up

that's deep man.

Originally posted by Fu-Pow
    More useful stuff (BTW, I'm just combing the SD websites for tasty little nuggets.)

from swshaolin.com:

The Psychologist Abraham Maslow & Shaolin-Do

One of this century's best known Psychologists, Abraham Maslow, theorized that all humans desire self-growth and actualization. His theory, called the hierarchy of needs, suggested that a person first had to satisfy the baser needs before working on personal growth, identity and higher purpose within society. These needs are as follows (paraphrased).

1.) Hunger, Thirst, Procreation
    2.) Safety & Security = Shaolin-Do
    3.) Community, Belonging, Being Loved = Shaolin-Do
    4.) Self-Esteem = Shaolin-Do
    5.) Self-Actualizing (discovering your identity and purpose in the world) = Shaolin-Do

****Did somebody say CULT????
    A real cult would have had:

1.) Hunger, Thirst, Procreation = Shaolin-Do

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

The black belt on the right doesn't want his right knee. Neither of them want any of their vital organs with their hands/weapons out like that.

Got, I am more thankful for my training everyday. The value just keeps climbing and climbing.

This is not SD specific. There are a lot of stupid MA out there just joking around.

You should treat him in the same manner as you would treat the President of the United States or other world leader.-

That has to be the most retarded lump of nonsense I have read in awhile. Someone should eyegouge the fool who wrote that and then tie him up and make him listen to Atom Ant.
    Regards

Blog Entries
    Well the story gets even more interesting:

Check this out:

"To show the diversity of fighting styles available throughout China, the following list names the various monasteries that existed at one point in time. A brief summary of the styles attributed to have been developed by the different monasteries is: Honan - Northern Fist, Ground Dragon, Monkey Praying Mantis, Cotton Fist, eight Drunken Immortals, 10,000 Lotuses Blooming, Golden Snake, Staff, Spear, Jointed Sticks, Single Broadswords, Double Broadswords, Tiger Hook Swords, Double Edged Sword, Three Sectional Staff, Chain Whip, Double daggers, Double Hand Axes, Single and Double Butterfly Knives. Fukien - Southern Fist, Golden Centipede, Sparrow, White Monkey, Wild Horse, Iron Bone Training, Iron Palm Training, Iron Shirt Training, Short Fist. Kwangtung - Tiger-Crane System, Fist of Ch'a, Crab, Golden Roaches, 10,000 Bees Attacking. Shantung - Shantung Black Tiger, Tan Family Leg Techniques. Omei Shan - White Crane, Eagle Claw, Golden ****, white Swan, Ostrich. Wutang Mountain - T'ai Chi Ch'uan, Pa Kua Chang, Hsing I Ch'uan, Liu Hsing Ch'uan, T'ai Chi Broadsword, Spear, Ta Mo Sword and Double Sword and Spear, Seven Star Sword. Hua Mountain - Classical Fist of Hua, Modern Fist of Hua, Chang Ch'uan. "

Shaolin Do? NOOOOOOPPPPPE!!!!!!!

"As stated earlier, the influence of these unique styles are still highly present in modern American Kenpo styles."

It's from the American Kenpo Karate Association website:

http://www.kenpojourney.20m.com/about.html

Blog Entries
    Not from a Shaolin Do site but still pretty interesting.

"Westerners were largely unaware than China even had any martial arts until Bruce Lee exploded onto the television screen in the Green Hornet series, and on the silver screen with four movies. The success of Bruce Lee on film created a market for other Hong Kong kung–fu movies beyond the Chinatowns of the West. Then came Kwai Chang Caine in the Kung Fu television series of the early 1970's. Suddenly the kung–fu craze was blazing out of control. Every karate school quickly placed a sign in its window announcing that it taught "karate/kung–fu." Then many Chinese–Americans stepped forward to proclaim that they were kung–fu teachers, and they publicly taught Westerners for a price. Ultimately that price would be the quality of kung–fu in America. Now the descendants of the unqualified instructors of the 1960's and 1970's are themselves teaching others what these pioneering frauds passed off as kung–fu to unwitting Americans. While the quality of kung–fu in America is better than it was two to four decades ago, many problems persist. The three major problems are teachers who are not of Chinese ancestry, teachers of Chinese ancestry who are frauds, and the influx of teachers from China who were trained in modern wushu."

Didn't Sin The start teaching about the same time Bruce Lee started getting big?

Here's the whole article it's actually pretty interesting:

http://www.xianghua.com/articles/kungfu.asp
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 10-27-2003 at 05:31 PM.

Fu, you do realize that in all likely-hood the kenpo guy got all those techniques off of an SD site right???
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Blog Entries
    Here's another great article from the same author about CMA's in general and how to pick a good school:

http://www.xianghua.com/articles/authentic.asp

I think Shaolin Do violates every one of his rules.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by trilobite
    Fu, you do realize that in all likely-hood the kenpo guy got all those techniques off of an SD site right???
    Yeah I did. And if he did then he's an idiot.