Thread: sanshou alternative training question

sanshou alternative training question

This question is more for sanshou fighters, right now I am studying overseas and there isn't any place here that teaches sanshou, but I have been gong for kickboxing and freestyle wrestling to substitute for my sanshou training. Any idea what art would be more suited for sanshou training other than muay thai? Also, I have been taught to bob and weave in my kickboxing, but my old school back home treats it like a taboo, in that you set yourself for a knee strike or a takedown (controlling your head movement), what's your opinion?

I got a queston for YOU! Where the hell is "overseas". Like over from where? This board is international, you know.

As for bobbing, it depends on your style. There's something to be said for learning a complete style vs. a collectio of techniques. Up and down bobbing doesn't blend with MT. It DOES set you up for knees. ONTOH, if your whole game takes that risk into account....

Australia if you must know

The point is not where I am in the world and I do know this IS an international board, but that is not why I post this thread. By the way, you haven't answered my question, I am ASKING what other style can I learn to help me with my sanshou skill.

boxing

sanshou

muay thai

sambo

judo

wrestling (freestyle, folkstyle, greco-roman)

all have skills that cross over to each other..

answer - find a combat sport.

Well, actually you ASKED 2 questions and I responded to one of them which is more than I can say for you...IGNOOOORING my question! (***grrrr**** why aren't there any little angry faces on the left, only friendly or confused ones)

Eh, yer already doing kickboxing and freestyle wrestling. I never saw much diferent about Sanshou from kickboxing other than the throws but your wrestling too and that's got WAY more developed throws that Sanshou. The bob and weave queston is just more interesting to me.