Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Choice of women and children!

You should change woman
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Joedoe,

Lets just say that I am not one of these people who believe in putting children on a pedestal higher then there spouse nor there marriage within all things being reasonable.I think it is a large part of this reasoning that couples have such a high divorce rate and other family problems as well. Its called "child whorship" and I think it is more of a sickness than anything special.

As for why I would save my wife, well because that is my soul mate and that is what I would do, but again this is a bullcrap hypothetical situation, its like the same stupid what if game kids play....what if I had a rocket car....what if I lived on the moon....what if I had the powers of superman.

Nothing is cut and dry and these type of questions are often light years beyond reality.
    Regards

BJ, we normally agree about things on these boards. I have a question: are you married and do you have kids? I guess that is two questions.

I agree that some people have this child worship thing. The child leads the parent. The child is allowed to take up 3 sports and 2 other activites and the parents are run ragged driving them around. But I don't see the instinctual urge to protect your child first, as child worship. Also as someone else mentioned your wife would never forgive you for sacrificing your child. Your wife would choose the child over you, any day of the week. You can't beat the love of a mother.

And lay off the hypothetical question downing. At least it is occuping them away from picking on SD. And it is far better than arguing over who is a better fighter, Bruce Lee or Jet Li. (When we all know Bruce was)
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

i generally would choose an adult over a child.

that may not be the "pc" answer, but i'm not a 'pc' kind of guy usually.

Originally posted by GreyMystik

that may not be the "pc" answer, but i'm not a 'pc' kind of guy usually.
    Heck I am far from pc. But I would choose my child. Same question at you GM ... are you married and do you have kids?
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

yea the child is my own blood. you could always replace the women
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

themeecer-

I have been with the same gal for going on 11 years straight and have lived together for 6 of those years. We are getting married next October. As for the kid issue no I do not have kids unless you count a godchild but maybe in a bunch of years we might think about adopting.

I also agree that child whorship is not always the instinctual urge to protect your child at all costs. Any good parent will do that to the best of there ability as would a good husband do the best to protect his wife and marriage to the best of his ability all things being reasonable. I would die trying to protect both so really that makes the question unreasonable.

I do believe that marriage and family is the bedrock of a healthy American society and that this institution should be treated like a sacred value. I would wager that we both could agree on this hands down.

Ahhhh look......a atheist and a christian agreeing on something.....
    Regards

the agnostic agrees on that too.
    where's my beer?

you're a terrible person. and that's coming from the guy who replaced his decapitated head avatar with the one you see now.
    where's my beer?

Since human life means very little to me anyway this is a hard choice.

I would say the child the woman is an adult and should be able to handle herself if not then that's her problem. The child wouldn't. Beside if I save the childs life his/her mother might be a milf so there's good motivation there.
    Hope is the denial of reality.

We sail the seas, of negativity
    to banish kindness from this place
    (Sans scruples, sans humility)
    To behold the fierceness of wolves
    assailing ye saints thoroughly
    (Sans love, sans compassion)
    To behold the wails of thine in affright
    whilst evil preyeth upon thy hearts
    (Sans warmth, sans pity)
    To behold a world, darkly astir
    rising in madness and mystery
    (sans light, sans life)

no, i don't have any kids and i'm not married.

i have however taken care of kids that i lived with. i know that's not the same as having my own, but wanted to illustrate that i like children and have nothing against them.

i guess it's harder with complete strangers, but the way i see it is this. maybe it's a warped and twisted view, but so be it.

the adult is (for the sake of argument) a productive member of society. a woman, who can more than likely populate with more kids.
    the child is, a POTENTIALLY productive member of society. the child could also turn into saddam hussein. we don't KNOW yet... but , more than likely, the woman is not saddam hussein.
    again, we don't know because they are strangers, but that's the general gist of how i feel about it.

when faced with the (likely) "known" (the woman) and the potential (child), i would probably save the woman.

any loss of life is sad, but that's my (warped?) logic i guess.

Like I said it's a $hitty choice either way.
    I do have a child , I am unmarried.
    I love my child... odds are if I ever get married I would love my wife...

maybe i percieve marriage in a different light than most of you, but for me it would involve love. so the question really asks
    "who do you love more?"

It depends also on the situation, the variables are too great in this hypothesis to even dare to give an accurate assessment of anything. regardless of that, I gave my answer based on what my instincts tell me is more logical, rather than how passionately I see some of you are getting over this.

let me quote one of the more logical responses that share similarities with my viewpoint.

"the adult is (for the sake of argument) a productive member of society. a woman, who can more than likely populate with more kids.
    the child is, a POTENTIALLY productive member of society. the child could also turn into saddam hussein. we don't KNOW yet... but , more than likely, the woman is not saddam hussein.
    again, we don't know because they are strangers, but that's the general gist of how i feel about it.

when faced with the (likely) "known" (the woman) and the potential (child), i would probably save the woman.

any loss of life is sad, but that's my (warped?) logic i guess."

and I agree with grey mystic , any loss of life would be sad. I would grieve. but whatever the decision, i would have to live with it... neither would be comfortable. My choice makes more sense in my eyes.

i do admit that with all the sick and ****ed up **** you guys have seen me post on here, i do have a soft spot for kids and animals. thus my opinion on the issue is going to be completely one sided.

i kind of understand you're logic but for me it's more of an issue of protecting the innocent vs. the corrupt. where you see a non productive member of society i see a completely pure and innocent human being. where you see a productive member of society i see someone who may just like to make fun of retards and joke about beating up old people. you're logic comes through clear in my head but not my heart.

at any rate it's neat that we actually got a serious discussion out of this.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs up

i'll buy you a cyber beer for that one gda. cheers

I would still protect the Child as it has an as YET unrealised potential, the adult already made his/her choices in life.