Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: realists traditionalists fakes and Sifu Ross, are there any deadly techniques ?

Wongsifu Guest

realists traditionalists fakes and Sifu Ross, are there any deadly techniques ?

this is just for sifu ross and anyone else who wishes to discuss lethal techniques if they exist and their effectiveness.
    Sifu Ross plz refer to the post mike tyson cant box, I want you to tell me you opinions on this.

lkfmdc Guest
    I've posted quite extensive responses on this on several threads here. GO READ THEM. If you can't understand what I am saying, go to a reading comprehension class, really.

How many times have you used your so called deadly techniques? How many times have you done your damage to the glands under the arm? How many times have you killed with your leopard fist to the throat? How many times have you used your claw to cripple?

YOu THINK these things work but the truth is you don't know. Because you have never done them.

If you rely on something you don't know will work, you are in for problems my friend. And if you can't block a hook it isnt' going to matter anyway!

If you think I am a fake, you are dillusional

Gojira Guest
    To mr ross, other than your own temporary suspention of reality, how do you know you skill are anything to measure up with or against?
    Unlike others, I have seen you perform and all I can say is that your typing and grammer skills far outweigh any and all of your martial skills.

[This message has been edited by Gojira (edited 07-04-2000).]

Braden Guest
    Wong - I'll reply to your post:

======
    I have read in a few recent posts numerous people have made statements like "people who believe you can apply kf are idiots"...
    ======

I can't find these quotes of yours anyway. Where is it that people are saying these things?

======
    your level is so low all you can do is say he cant do it either.
    ======

That's a valid criticism. But I believe what is being called for is examples of how you can "do it." Ie. No one's saying you can't do it, they're saying - ok, give me an example of when you did.

======
    If you look at the effort needed to apply the arm bar you could just as easily strike under the armit
    ======

That's a good point too, and someting I've always wondered about. I personally would strike someone in the armpit rather than armbar them, but that's just because that's what I've proven to work for me. Looking at it from someone else's viewpoint - they're more comfortable doing an armbar, and they've certainly proven it works for them. So what's the difference? Different strokes for different folks.

=====
    if you can bend low and apply this i think you could easily apply a tiger claw to peoples ballss and twist.
    =====

I have to disagree with you there. Having been in that position a number of times, I can contest that it's often alot easier and alot more natural to go for a low grab/takedown. Although frankly, I would avoid being in that position at all costs, regardless of where I go from there.

=====
    i think you could apply a pak sao and gouge to the eye i mean you got two eyes 1 nose and i think its self explanatory.
    =====

On the other hand, the eyes are further up, further back, surrounded by solid bone, and alot more elastic than people think. An awkward blow (and let's face it - in a real fight, things are rarely perfect) that would still break someone's nose (and stun an ill-prepared fighter - which most people are) wouldn't even scratch the eyes.

And to continue to play devil's advocate - I can think of hundreds of situations where I would break someone's nose, but not very many when I would try to blind someone.

=====
    You guys are ****ed in the head is all i can say . Soooorrry
    =====

This is what really made me want to reply to your post.

No wait, let me rephrase that. That is what really made me NOT want to reply to your post - because I don't want to get dragged into one of the all-too-common ****ing contests around here.

This is a discussion board, so by all means let's discuss things and even disagree with one another.

But how does the need to post offensive and derogatory remarks come about?

No one has any need to defend themselves here - the results of verbal debates here are not going to change the history of your tradition or life.

If the discussion changes from being a constructive exchange of opinions to one of insults - simply do not reply.

I can't believe this even has to be said to a group of people I assume are adults and are supposed to be schooled in self-discipline.

But frankly, it's getting hard to read the good posts with all the nonsense that's been going on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Please people, post your questions. Post your answers. Post critique. Post your opinions and experience. If you feel like attacking someone personally, if you are getting angry or taking someone else's comments personally, just log off and train for a while. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think I speak for everyone when I say I have alot more respect for the person who takes a verbal beating here and simply doesn't reply.

Remember, the taller a tree grows, the lower it has to bow.

Cheers.

SifuAbel Guest
    Sifu Ross,

Like I asked before. Why are you wasting your time here with these idiots?
    Not everyone here mind you, just the horde of numbskulls who insist that everyone is fake unless approved by them. What gaul.
    I've had a chance to train with his boxing brother for a little while. They are by no means fake. They know their kung fu. But, in the end it matters little. The mob will always continue to speak its absurdities.
    All one can do is sit back and laugh.

MoQ Guest
    Ah, now who's the kiss-up?

I had to put a smiley with a winky or I knew you'd get upset. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by MoQ (edited 07-04-2000).]

SifuAbel Guest
    Ha Ha very funny,

But its fact, I did train with Ventura. I'm not just speculating or just agreeing to a post. These guys know what they know.

People have alot of nerve, and are quick with the judgement. Like the whole wing lam issue, people make all kinds of assumptions without ever meeting the man. And yes, I've had seminar with him.

SifuAbel Guest
    I was even born in the year of the monkey. As a rule we don't get upset. We just get even REALLY well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Water Dragon Guest
    IMO
    The most lethal techniques are good hard throws, especially on concrete.

------------------
    Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

Wongsifu Guest
    braden excellent post, well said I have to agree that i did not know about the takedown vs groin twist that it is easier to take down but i will take your word for it and no i wouldnt wanna be down there either [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think water dragon also has a good point,
    which was making me think about break falls. I figured if they say like they do that jujitsu was the ancient japanese art of the samurai and part of the unarmed combat was throws i thought when could you really imagine a samurai getting thrown or breakfalling I think it was more for use if they fell of their horse ... any takes ?

DrunkenMonkey Guest
    Lethal Techniques? Just about every offensive move in Kung Fu is lethal, it just depends on how well you execute them. A sweep can cause someone to land directly on their coccyx, pinching the spinal cord and paralyzing them.

Ikfmdc
    "How many times have you done your damage to the glands under the arm?"

Punching the nerve or glands at the joint of the arm is actually not lethal, and at the most it will hurt some. All it does is slow or weaken your punches so they are not as forceful, :-)

------------------
    Underaged Drunken Monkey

Water Dragon Guest
    Wong,
    If you've ever done any hard sparring with people who like to throw, you probably already know how many throws end up not so picture perfect. I think breakfalls would be really good in that type of situation.

If some one gets a really good throw on you though, yeah it aint doin' ya no good.

Sam Guest
    The deadly hook punch heh! If you are so fearful of boxing and believe in your kickboxing then why do you claim lineage diciple and sole inheritorship to an art that is supposedly way beyond that and deadly. Or is the art you teach only a cover for kickboxing and wrestling. You boys speak from such experience of course from all your amature and professional boxing and kickboxing matches you've had. Lets not forget the death matches. I know it's hard for us to fully understand the toughness of you long Island bruisers. Stop dictating to others whats deadly or not but of course I could be wrong and you do know how deadly you are don't you.

lkfmdc Guest
    Gojira,
    A faceless, nameless internet personality talking badly about me, OH I AM HURT

NOT

If you have any questions about my skill, you are in NY (the only part of your profile filled out!) and can come on down.

To the rest, if you truly believe you are deadly and can use all these deadly skills then whatever I say should have no effect upon you. Your excitement and resentment demonstrate your own insecurities about whether your techniques will actually work.

Brat Guest
    There are no deadly techniques, just deadly people.