Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A feeble attempt-I suppose it's worth a try

A feeble attempt-I suppose it's worth a try

Ok, if we can get guys like Serpent, Fu-Pow, Fred Sanford,MK, etc. etc. etc. etc. and the rest of the people in my system, I HOPE DEARLY that we can just leave this to rest. Just let us live in peace and more than likely we'll all end up being friends. We could learn so much from each other if we just shut up and stopped trying to get on each other's nerves like 7 year olds. Grow up and grow some balls guys. This is getting ridiculous and it's got me ****ed off that we're wasting time even posting on such ludicris debates. We all know by now that NO MATTER WHAT WE DO WE WILL NEVER PERSUADE EACH OTHER. Instead of making matters worse lets just do what this forum was created for and share our knowledge and experiences with one another.

God I hope this works. I'm sick of arguing with people. It's the BIGGEST WAIST OF TIME AND ENERGY ANYONE HAS EVER DONE!!!!!!!!!

In the immortal words of just about every body, "I mean, come on."
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Ah, you see the argumnent is not presented because anyone wants to argue. It exists because at the heart of your position is an obvious, blatant, big LIE. And to the people on this boasrd who have dedicated themselves to CMA, they find that lie offensive.

I almost gaurentee that if we met in person, we'd have beers and whiskey, and get along just fine. I'm just that way. But I still would not accept the lie being propogated.

No biggie. At least you guys seem like normal guys, and not brainwashed like the OYD crowd...

FYI - based on what I've seen, on the web and in person, I really do not want to 'learn' anything from SD. Which for me is a pretty strong statement, but there you go.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

I don't care. I just want the fighting to stop. It's retarded and immature and we all know it.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Well, at times it is immature - but there is no reason to stop a reasoned discussion to debate a point. Which for the most part this is.

However, when it comes down to facts, that is where the SD POV starts to fall apart, so I can understand why you would want it to stop.

If you are tired of it, just ignore it.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Originally posted by trilobite
    I don't care. I just want the fighting to stop. It's retarded and immature and we all know it.
    So is basing an entire system on a lie and expecting to get away with it.

You want us to share knowledge and experience? Well, 20 years of experience tells me that you guys are being sold a crock and I'm sharing that with you.

Besides, I've said before that if you can make what you're taught work and if it fulfills you, then that's great. Just don't call it something that it's not. The fact that I think it's technically and effectively useless is beside the point. You can do what you like, so long as you don't try to sell it in such a way that it demeans something that many of us have dedcated our lives to.

And as for not making any difference and no one changing their minds, why don't you have a chat with the poster Shaolin-Do, now known as Meat Shake. Ask him what's changed in his life recently.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I nor no one else on this forum named it Shaolin Do.

I don't even want us to debate about it anymore. It always leads to a flame war. Isn't anyone else sick of it?
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

I agree with MS2 - if you are sick of the argument, then stop reading the threads. At the very least stop participating in them.

I used to argue as fiercely as Serpent does, but after a while I realised that I was never going to convince anyone over the net, so I gave up arguing. I still check out how the argument is going, but rarely spend time responding any more unless I see something blatantly wrong being said.

But once I realised that I was not going to get anywhere in the argument and just let it go, my KFO life just became so much easier
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by trilobite
    I nor no one else on this forum named it Shaolin Do.

I don't even want us to debate about it anymore. It always leads to a flame war. Isn't anyone else sick of it?
    So go away from those threads. Just ignore them if they bother you that much. Of course, if they do bother you that much then perhaps it's because deep down inside somewhere you know the truth...
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Originally posted by joedoe
    I agree with MS2 - if you are sick of the argument, then stop reading the threads. At the very least stop participating in them.

I used to argue as fiercely as Serpent does, but after a while I realised that I was never going to convince anyone over the net, so I gave up arguing. I still check out how the argument is going, but rarely spend time responding any more unless I see something blatantly wrong being said.

But once I realised that I was not going to get anywhere in the argument and just let it go, my KFO life just became so much easier
    I, on the other hand, have way too much time on my hands during the day. That'll change soon, however.

And I would once again ask people to ask the poster Shaolin-Do, now known as Meat Shake, what his recent realisations and changes have been.

lol

that's one of the corniest things I've heard a long time serp, good job
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

I think once the Shaolin Trademark will be enforced worldwide the debate will be settled.

And I expect a few respected(authentic??) heads to roll during that time, some already did in China.

In the end it is the Trademark holder who decies what is real and what is not, not a few guys on the Internet.

Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
    I almost gaurentee that if we met in person, we'd have beers and whiskey, and get along just fine. I'm just that way. But I still
    Hehe, I hope not. You would be giving alcohol to a minor there.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Better that he drank whisky than swallowed bullsh!t.

T'ai Ji Monkey - whose heads have rolled in China?

Originally posted by Serpent
    T'ai Ji Monkey - whose heads have rolled in China?
    No specific names given.

Check the Link

Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey

No specific names given.

Check the Link
    Hmm. Interesting stuff.

This amused me:

According to figures provided by the temple, 80 unauthorized kung fu schools in China have used the name Shaolin, and more than100 businesses, including those selling cars, beer, tires, furniture, and even wire, bear the Shaolin trademark, all without consulting the temple.