Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A feeble attempt-I suppose it's worth a try

what happened with shaolin do? running a search for posts but haven't found anything yet. im curious ... he always seemed alright.
    where's my beer?

will I stop fokking with the SDers?.........

I must go and seek direction from the white eyebrow council, high upon hua mountain, before giving you my answer.

it looks doubtful though. why don't you SDers just commit mass suicide? that would be totally sweet.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Originally posted by Serpent
    The fact that I think it's technically and effectively useless is beside the point.
    In this thread it is, but you created the SD techniques thread and then bashed the meecers approach to ground fighting. Another thread was created regarding SD practitioners techniques in specific situations. Have you read that thread? What of my post there? I find my techniques to be very effective and useful in my experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey
    I think once the Shaolin Trademark will be enforced worldwide the debate will be settled.

Never happen. Public Domain.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

what happened with shaolin do? running a search for posts but haven't found anything yet. im curious ... he always seemed alright.
    GDA, he saw the light. Now, he's known as Meat Shake. Check his profile...no SD listed.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The light or his bank account? His SC class doesn't charge, but his SD class did charge for lessons.

I'm not going to expose anything unless he wants to do it himself, but he's taking classes from a well-respected person outside of his SC classes.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Re: A feeble attempt-I suppose it's worth a try

Originally posted by trilobite
    Ok, if we can get guys like Serpent, Fu-Pow, Fred Sanford,MK, etc. etc. etc. etc. and the rest of the people in my system, I HOPE DEARLY that we can just leave this to rest. Just let us live in peace and more than likely we'll all end up being friends. We could learn so much from each other if we just shut up and stopped trying to get on each other's nerves like 7 year olds. Grow up and grow some balls guys. This is getting ridiculous and it's got me ****ed off that we're wasting time even posting on such ludicris debates. We all know by now that NO MATTER WHAT WE DO WE WILL NEVER PERSUADE EACH OTHER. Instead of making matters worse lets just do what this forum was created for and share our knowledge and experiences with one another.

God I hope this works. I'm sick of arguing with people. It's the BIGGEST WAIST OF TIME AND ENERGY ANYONE HAS EVER DONE!!!!!!!!!

In the immortal words of just about every body, "I mean, come on."
    Here's my thing: I haven't got a problem with Shaolin-Do. Actually, that's not true. I haven't got a problem with you guys. Falsified histories, I have a problem with. But whatever. That's my problem. Not yours.

But if you're trying to "leave this to rest", "live in peace", and "end up being friends", perhaps telling your detractors to "grow up and grow some balls" isn't really the olive branch you were looking for to start the process.

In that sense, yes, this was a feeble effort.

Stuart B.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

What'd you expect from a 14-year-old?

Tell them to knock it off with the fake history, and start worrying about practicing good martial arts and they will get my respect.

Your smarmy host has arrived...

Need to up my post count so I can use an avatar and sig under the name d@mnit... Bah. Lost my massive post count.
    I left for a couple reasons. Anyone interested can PM me. A lot of the SDers do practice as hard as anyone else, so that argument isnt really relevant. R5, you dont even know the one true, Ving Chun™©, so you are wrong by default.
    Notice that I not only have it trademarked, but copywrited. Fear me.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

The history isn't going anywhere. No one in the system is going to advocate a change. Like it or not, SD is stuck with it.

I don't worry about history too much. I have my opinions, many of which I have expressed here, but I try to focus on training and being a good martial artist. Most good martial artists in SD do the same.

WTF kinda stupid sh!t is this god ****ing ****it?!? Im logged in as meat shake and it posts as SD? ****! I hate this computer.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

...I would love it if we were to drop the "shaolin" from the name, maybe the "do" while we're at it. I'll bet GM Sin wouldn't care either. It could even be worked into an "honoring the GM" sort of thing. The' family fist?
    It not like I feel any sort of connection to today's shaolin temple anyway. It'll never happen, but approached properly it could be a good thing for our system, I think.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

It's a Shaolin Do conspiricy I tells ya