Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A feeble attempt-I suppose it's worth a try

Wow, some SD seniors are having a drink and telling the truth! There's hope yet.

Or course, as a great man said, "Those things we hold as true vary greatly depending on our point of view" (paraphrased), but there are certain inalienable, universal truths that can't be denied.

So, while your truth and my truth might be equally affected by our viewpoint, they are both necessary to point towards the middle ground in which the actual truth probably resides. Yin yang and the eternal balance.

But if you know that your truth is based on a foundation of blatant lies, how long can you hold on to it in all good concience?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Radhnoti
    Fu Pow,

It's my impression that it's his senior students that put him up on that pedestal.
    To me it's like some kind of weird, "I can show my teacher greater honor than you!" And so, ridiculous things that he could care less about get worked up as "this is an insult to our Grandmaster!"
    Of course he did not complain when they did so.

And BTW, that quote was not off some obscure Shaolin Do branch website. It was directly of Shaolin-Do.com. Sin The's home webpage.

Originally posted by Fu-Pow

And BTW, that quote was not off some obscure Shaolin Do branch website. It was directly of Shaolin-Do.com. Sin The's home webpage.
    That's not Sin The's home webpage. That's the webpage of the SDA which is run by some senior masters.

I've heard Sin The speak often and I've never heard the bravado that some websites attribute to him. If he is guilty of anything, it is, as you say, not complaining. Good or bad, he allwos much to be said about him and SD.

*pours another drink*
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    *Pours one for Fu-Pow*

Is it Friday yet?

IvE haddf onnewe to manyoi driiinks' areleday. *hic*
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by Serpent
    Or course, as a great man said, "Those things we hold as true vary greatly depending on our point of view" (paraphrased), but there are certain inalienable, universal truths that can't be denied.
    Of course, he said that directly after being called on a blatant lie
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

LOL.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

words to the wise from the Buddha Guatama

'Do not accept anything based upon mere reports,
    traditions or hearsay,
    Nor upon the authority of religious texts,
    Nor upon mere reasons and arguments,
    Nor upon one's own inference,
    Nor upon anything which appears to be true,
    Nor upon one's own speculative opinion,
    Nor upon another's seeming ability,
    Nor upon the consideration: 'This is our Teacher.'
    'But, when you know for yourselves the certain things are unwholesome and bad: tending to harm yourself of others, reject them.
    'And when you know for yourselves that certain things are wholesome and good: conducive to the spiritual welfare of yourself as well as others, accept and follow them.'
    cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't know if I accept that or not.

Originally posted by Fu-Pow

The quote is from a overview/introduction to Shaolin-Do that was written in 1977 by Master Sin's most senior student. It is a very small part of a 6 or 7 page document that was designed to help new students understand the class rules, etiquit, etc. I am sure it was phrased the way it was because most new students in martial arts no little or nothing about it therefore you would use references that they are familar with to try to explain it to them.

I'll tell you Fu, you spend more time on our websites that I do! By the way, speaking of websites, you never did explain where the extra $240 dollars it costs to join your school for a year comes from. Perhaps instead of searhing our sites for errors, you should surf you own.

I am sure it was phrased the way it was because most new students in martial arts no little or nothing about it therefore you would use references that they are familar with to try to explain it to them.
    Maybe, but using the president as an example is a little over-doing it. Perhaps saying you should show him the same amount of respect you show you school principal would be more suitable.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Maybe, but using the president as an example is a little over-doing it. Perhaps saying you should show him the same amount of respect you show you school principal would be more suitable.
    Fair enough, but in these times the President receives little more respect than you garden-variety high school principal. Especially overseas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

That's because he's an idiot with no competency for his job. You can't become a school principal just because your daddy was once one.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    That's because he's an idiot with no competency for his job.

That explains it all......MK is a liberal. It's all so clear to me now.

That explains it all......MK is a liberal. It's all so clear to me now.
    Actually, while MK may be a liberal, his last post cannot be taken as irrefutable evidence of this. Given Bush's current approval rating, there are likely many many people who would not describe themselves as liberal who regard Bush the same way MK does.

Furthermore, given the sheer volume of people who, similar to MK, are suspicious of Shaolin-Do and its history, etc..., it is unlikely that there is any correlation between political beliefs and attitude toward that organization. Any apparent correlation is likely the result from the fact that many of our SD poster are from the south, and being from the south statistically increases the chances of them being conservative.
    Last edited by dwid; 10-30-2003 at 10:36 AM.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers