Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A feeble attempt-I suppose it's worth a try

Originally posted by dwid

Actually, while MK may be a liberal, his last post cannot be taken as irrefutable evidence of this.
    It was a joke. While I am a independent with conservative leanings, others political views are of no concern to me.

Originally posted by dwid

Furthermore, given the sheer volume of people who, similar to MK, are suspicious of Shaolin-Do and its history, etc..., it is unlikely that there is any correlation between political beliefs and attitude toward that organization. Any apparent correlation is likely the result from the fact that many of our SD poster are from the south, and being from the south statistically increases the chances of them being conservative.
    The sheer volume you speak of is actually a very small sampling of the current number of registered users to this board.

N= 5,592
    X= ~ 10

Actual % of those suspicious= 0.178 % +/- 3 %

Actually, the midwest is the area with the highest population of conservative voters (ie. the bible belt)

Gosh...am I really this bored??!!??

Gosh...am I really this bored??!!??
    I kinda figured you were joking, but I really am that bored.

The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Actual % of those suspicious= 0.178 % +/- 3 %
    Actually, the number of suspicious is almost 100%, barring the recent influx from the SD camp. Only about 0.178% of those speak openly about it, while the other 99.822% laugh about you through PMs.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Actually, the number of suspicious is almost 100%, barring the recent influx from the SD camp. Only about 0.178% of those speak openly about it, while the other 99.822% laugh about you through PMs.
    Actually, this particular forum is the only one that consistantly bashes SD. Having browsed through some of the others on here(ie. Southern, Mantis, etc.), there are some really good and pleasent exchanges of information and most the the SD posters are treated with the same respect as any other martial artist. While there may be many aspects of SD that you disagree with, why take it out on those that are just wanting to learn as much as possible and thought that this would be an excellent place to gain knowledge.

As for SD in general, "don't hate the player, just because you hate the game".

I'll admit, I come on here just for the fun of it but there are many SD students that come here seeking information. Exchange info without the bashing....you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Exchange info without the bashing....you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    I'm not trying to catch the flies, I'm trying to shoo them away.

FWIW, JP and Shaolin-Do a.k.a Meat Shake are the only one's who regularly contribute to discussion of technique. The others come here from your board to try and convince every else here that Sin The' and his claims are legit. Most of the longer SD threads have been posted by, you guessed it, SD members.

If you guys would quit trying to convert everyone, these discussions wouldn't be so drawn out.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 10-30-2003 at 01:06 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

I am not giving up on you yet MK. I know that sooner or later we will be great friends....

. . . and when we forget about lineage and history, our discussions have been fairly constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The whole thing reminds me of when the Christians tried to convert the Indians. Usually it won't work, but occasionally theres that one who doesn't have his blinders securely fastened and sees the light. I'm thankful I found this board as it pointed me out to a much better martial art (IMO). SO, Thanks KFO for helping me find Shuai Chiao and Sifu Kirk.

P.S. I'm not Christian
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

And I'm not an indian.

There are a lot of good teachers out there. I am very happy with Master Mullins and his sons. If I hadn't hooked up with them, I probably wouldn't be training in SD.

I've been floating out in the world without a good teacher. I've experimented in other styles but couldn't find one I'm happy with. Of the different styles that I have trained, I've found the teacher made the largest difference in my training and not the lineage, history, or even the "core concepts" that define a style.

To rank the 3 best teachers I have had:

1. Master Mullins and sons -- SD
    2. J.J. Tracey -- Aikido
    3. Vernard Whitaker -- SD

CPA, I'm glad you have found a teacher and a style that fits you.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

How it is CPA just happens to be training with the same two Sifus as Meat Shake, a.k.a Shaolin-Do. I think someone forgot to log in/log out before they posted again.

Thanx, JP.

And you know what? I don't care if anyone practices SD. diff'rnt strokes, diff'rnt folks. And I have to give it to SD, it sparked my love for Kung Fu. So I'm forever thankful for that.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

nah, I'm his training partner. Its funny, really. SDers have to fight to prove their lineage. I have to fight to prove I'm not Meat Shake.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Golden Tiger

I'll tell you Fu, you spend more time on our websites that I do! By the way, speaking of websites, you never did explain where the extra $240 dollars it costs to join your school for a year comes from. Perhaps instead of searhing our sites for errors, you should surf you own.
    Nice cheap shot Golden Tiger. Couldn't find anything else? Does our lineage make too much sense and doesn't have enough woolly chewbacca men in it?

Our monthly fee is $85 dollars. You can train up to 12 hrs+ a week(if you can actually handle it).

It costs $55.00 dollars for the uniform including sash, shoes (optional), t-shirt and pants.

All students are required to carry AAU insurance which is $25.00 a year.

Membership sign up fee is $20 which I guess goes to general school upkeep etc.

If you sign up for 3 months, 6 months or 1 year in advance you get some kind of discount. For 3 months its a free uniform, for 6 months to a year its %5 off tuition + a free uniform.

Don't try to paint our school as being a scam ya retard.

Our website is obviously in need of serious update.

Fu Pow,

No troll, but how does rank advancement work in your school? You have sashes, so I assume you have rank as well. Do you test? Are there test fees too, or is it part of your monthly membership?

All students are required to carry AAU insurance which is $25.00 a year
    Fu Pow,
    Hey, I need Insurance. Could you PM me some info on it? I'm lucky I haven't been injured yet. (knocks on wood)
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest