Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defeating wing chun

Defeating wing chun

Through my nine years of training in JKD and wing chun, ive found the most valuable tactic to dealing with a wing chun practitioner is the PIA tactic or progressive indirect attack. ??? Here is why. The pracitioner expects you to just throw a punch or a kick, he expects to parry and strike at the same time. When you feint deeply into their guard they try to gain contact to use chi sao. When you understand this you can decieve both the chi sao and the parries.

Tonight i discovered that you can make a wing chun practitioner parry themselves and you can confuse their chi sao with varying degrees of tension in your arms. You can make you arm go tense and jerk forward to make them react and then you can disengage their arm swiftly to score with SA - simple attack. You can decieve their parries with a deep attack that suddenly changes and hits on another line i.e straight palm strike to the face feint, change angle and hit with an angulated attack combined with angle footwork.

This worked because i almost knocked my mate out whilst playing with him. Hope you find this useful, i sure do.
    Michael Johnson

ahhh the dreaded chasing hands curse

a lot of guys will bite a pia , high low high . and sia with a pressure fake , but if your sia has a pressure fake it is now a pia ,

but don't be fooled when you run into a guy that doesn't chase hands , doesn't need a bridge , and doesn't care what your doing , he will just single mindedly attack what ever center of mass he see's things will change .

the game will go to who every can eat up the others position and space with the least amount of resistence and the most stability ,

if you really want to mess him up chi sau with him drive the pressure up for a second then drop low for a single or double leg , and take him into a firemans carry around the room for a while
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Nah

I do TWC. We don't chase hands and we don't depend on simutaneous blocks and strikes. I simply cover a point in space. Plus I train for and enjoy the fake. I do it with boxers all the time.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

come on phil you telling you never bit a fake
    how you doing man , hope all is well
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Nice to see that even basic WCK concepts like leak and intercept hitting can be 're-discovered' through personal training and insight, even if it does take several years. Just goes to show what works, works.

Next, you might want try to find some more experienced WCK people who will just hit on feint or on loss of contact.

(More seriously, however, you don't beat systems, you beat individuals, if I can smash some poor PE class kid in the face before he can greco suplex me, doesn't mean I figured out how to beat wrestling and should be stepping into the ring with Couture...)

Rene,

Are you training to fight Couture?

Wow, what a stud

David

Void,

You are correct that you can fake people and I have done some dumb stuff playing with my kickboxing and boxing friends.

On the other hand when we train and focus on the fundamentals it makes it hard to get faked. You attach, I hit. You fake, I hit.

Good to hear from you Ernie
    "come on phil you telling you never bit a fake"
    Heck yeah, but I'm coming in hitting or kicking....
    Mckind13 's last two sentences says it all.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

David,

Yeah, Bubba Couture. 4'7", 87lbs, 0-8-0, of pure infant fury! You know him? Got any tape??

BTW- Did you get the stuff I sent? Was it usable?

Hey Rene

Off topic - yes I did! They are great my hotmail freezes when I send stuff.

**** Hotmail.

On topic

Bubba by submission in 14 minutes :P

David

sc3w that! Bubba's getting ownded! By waterbottle R12 96:37s

....you can confuse their chi sao with varying degrees of tension in your arms. You can make you arm go tense and jerk forward to make them react and then you can disengage their arm swiftly to score with SA - simple attack.
    IME ive found tension in the arms is actually a big problem when you face someone who can use their body mass properly.
    S.Teebas

I don't mind when people think they can fool "Wing Chun" with some peekaboo tricks!....It makes them vvvvvveeeeerrrrry easy to beat!...
    It's OK....Continue like that!...
    Last edited by old jong; 10-29-2003 at 02:38 PM.

Re: Defeating wing chun

Originally posted by Void Boxing
    The pracitioner expects you to just throw a punch or a kick, he expects to parry and strike at the same time.
    A Wing Chun idiot would, yes.

When you feint deeply into their guard they try to gain contact to use chi sao.
    What!!! A Wing Chun idiot would, yes.

Tonight i discovered that you can make a wing chun practitioner parry themselves and you can confuse their chi sao with varying degrees of tension in your arms.
    Clearly the person with whom you were training does not quite get Wing Chun.

This worked because i almost knocked my mate out whilst playing with him. Hope you find this useful, i sure do.
    Perhaps raising the bar with respect to your training partners would be in order. Your conclusions are ridiculous.

re fakeing

hi guys"S i never regard a fake as a fake someone makes a move to hit me depending the move or what punch ill hit him as hard as possiable to make him realise faking is a waste of time i arggee with earnie as always if he is in frount of you and trys to contack hit him peace russellsherry
    russellsherry

Rene - More seriously, however, you don't beat systems, you beat individuals

**** good point that - you dont beat the system, you just beat the individual. Cheers for the correction friend.

MC - You attach, I hit. You fake, I hit.

Either way, throw something into them to disturb them. Good. Cheers.
    Michael Johnson