Thread: OT your privacy

OT your privacy

I know it's not kung fu related but I thought I would pass this along for those of you that aren't aware of it. And are concerned about how much of your info can be found on the net.

Google has implemented a new feature where you can type someone's telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and you will be given a map to their house. Think about it. If a child, single person, or anyone gives out his/her phone number, someone can actually look it up and find out where he/she lives. The safety issues are obvious, and alarming. This is not a hoax, map quest will actually put a star on your house on your street. As you will see when you test, using your phone number, there is much more information available.
    It's a stalkers dream come true.
    In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to www.google.com <http://www.google.com> and type your phone number in the search bar (i.e.555-555-1212) Be sure to use the dashes between numbers, and hit enter. Note, if your phone number is not public you should be fine. If you want to BLOCK Google from divulging your private information, simply click on the telephone icon next to your phone number. You will see a link where you are allowed to remove yourself.
    Hope is the denial of reality.

We sail the seas, of negativity
    to banish kindness from this place
    (Sans scruples, sans humility)
    To behold the fierceness of wolves
    assailing ye saints thoroughly
    (Sans love, sans compassion)
    To behold the wails of thine in affright
    whilst evil preyeth upon thy hearts
    (Sans warmth, sans pity)
    To behold a world, darkly astir
    rising in madness and mystery
    (sans light, sans life)

I agree that it is an interesting new feature. However, it is nothing that you can't already find publicly accessible in the White Pages.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

http://www.theultimates.com/
    You just do a reverse lookup at this and many, many other sites.

That's why my number is unlisted and password protected.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a