time factor

make it simple, answer to rise

i suppose you know what my choice is, or not? but each makes his own
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

if you dont enjoy it then dont do it, simple as that. I do it because it gives me purpose- there is ALWAYS something new to learn, more experience to gain, faster reflexes to develop.... Its like a mission to become physically perfect except that you will never get there so you always have a goal. If thats not what you want, then quit.

And if you want to learn self defense, learn how to use a knife. fortunately for me I live in new zealand where you are far more likely to get into a fist fight than get stabbed- there was one fatal stabbing this year, but hundreds of cases of assault.

also, I really enjoy it. to know that I am improving myself whereas most people around me are just doing the daily grind and paying taxes....
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

Okay, Second Shot, Then Bed.

Here's the conclusion I've come to:

A man is defined by what he feels, does, and wishes. A man also has the power to define those criteria. You have to decide why you should or, more to the point, why you should NOT keep training. Your question is flawed; we can present only those arguments for continuation/discontinuation which are relevant to us. We cannot simply give you the answer to one of our variables and expect it to fix your equation.

A few questions you may want to ask yourself.

1. Why have I worked out before?

2. What are the cirumstances bring on my questions of continued training?

3. Is my training relevant to my self/truth?

4. Can I look see myself doing this with a sense of fulfillment when I am 60?

Just a few relevant thingies I thought should be brought to the fore.

Safe driving, all.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

..maybe u just get down coz of the bad weather. read through this
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/halsa/...385155,00.html
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

im not talking about stopping it totally, for the rest of my life. only at this point of my life, since i feel theres more important things to do. i just dont know WHAT that is.

and remember, this is as much a thread for others feelin the same, for motivation, as it is to me.

-N

Thumbs up

yo in that case I suggest just takin a paus and see how it feels. That's what I did

on another issue, I'm hungry
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

If you need convincing to keep training then you need to take a break in your training. Or sometimes you just need to keep training through it. It depends on the personality of the individual.

BTW, make sure you train for your own reasons (whatever they may be), i.e. not to please or impress someone else...

KG
    Last edited by Kempo Guy; 11-03-2003 at 12:46 PM.

I think one of the best things you could do right now is stop going to your classes. Dont train how someone else wants you to train. Im guessing you have been doing this for awhile, otherwise quitting wouldnt be a big deal. There must have been things that kept you around even before you got into the benefits. It all comes back to having fun. I would recommend training on your own with an emphasis on the things you want to train. Think back to things you did in the beginning when it was more fun and focus on those things. Go mix it up with other folks and clubs for awhile, read some good books on martial arts conditioning and keep your eyes open to maybe joining a new club for awhile.

My teacher always points out that people who are taking breaks or leavinig class for awhile are usually the people that need the training the most. They take their breaks or quit at a time when the training could very well be the thing to help them through their tough time. Take a step back and see what is driving you to not want to train. Remember, this is the time you need the structure and stability that martial arts offers the most. If you decide to not go to classes and train martial arts in a school type of setting, make it a personal challenge to be in ten times better shape and have a much better understanding of things when you go back. In other words: bust your a$$ hard! Work out and dont feel sorry for yourself. The thing that helps more than anything when you are feeling down about your ma training is to do it as hard as you can and for as long as you can with a huge smile on your face. It sounds cheesy and ridiculous, but it works. Try it....

Hope everything works out for ya! Heck, for as bad as everyone makes shaolin do out to be, maybe you should join an sd club for awhile, maybe that will remotivate you to train in your present school for many years to come!!

Ben

My Boss is a:

Two-faced

[color=orange-red]Self-Serving[/color]

Lying

[color=sea-green]person[/color]

Tells me a message my b!tch-@$$ district manager wasn't ballsy enough to deliver, then, after I leave, mouths off about me to the assistant manager. Turns out if I don't work Saturday's, the bizzatch said I should find myself another job. Baas deliver's the message all sweet and stuff.

[the mouthing off]
    "I'm tired of working with everyone's schedule . . . I'm tired of working double shifts and overtime without overtime pay . . . I'm gonna hafta make an example out of someone to show people can't walk all over my good graces . . "
    [/the mouthing off]

[has me working ONLY fridays and saturdays, even this coming weekend, wherein I asked (and got) off friday and saturday to see what amounts to half my school test for everything from shodan to yondan.]

Oh, about me finding another job. . . got an interview tomorrow. With my old manager from k-mart. Before it closed down.

Hope he's okay with my having a busted rib thingie. If so, super. If not, unemployment line, here I come.

Fu(k hollywood, and all it's subsidiary companies and assests.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

quit. seriously. What you're going through should not be the cause of you losing interest in MA. if anything, it should make you crave MA as a means of getting away from whatever it is that's got you down. I'm REALLY going through some stuff right now, but that hasn't affected my MA any. I keep those entities separate.

you recently changed styles... Maybe you feel that you're not getting what you want out of the MA that you're training in. vale tudo may not be for you. It sounds like you need to back off for awhile and do some self evaluation. Determine where you are and where you wanna go, then try to get back into it, using the info that you discover about yourself.

good luck.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

thanks a lot, thats actually what im doing.

but im not gonna miss the big Dim Mak seminar coming up on saturday

It's not better than any hobby. If it's in you, you find a way to do it. I go through ups and downs in my training - just like in anything, but the one time I stopped for an extended period I knew I was missing something.

It's not really about learning to crack someones skull. I train because of the physical purity- no rules, no ball, no court or field or goalpoast. Just you - intellect, body and training, against someone else. Wit and will against wit and will. Nothin' like it.

Remember too, there will always be someone better than you, and there will always those who aren't as good. I certainly am not a natural, I have to work hard, but I still get satisfaction knowing I put everything I've got into my training.

Sevenstar said it well, get out for a while, see how it feels. take some time to concentrate on other stuff and see where you want to go with MA. I bet you won't stay out too long.

going to quit??? too bad.......what will you do in your spare time?

Its been a while..........
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!