Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The (Serious) What's Your Favorite Throw Thread

ST00,

Check your hotmail--and, I miss NIH. Just BJJ Busy...
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Parting the horse's mane.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "parting the horse's main"

I was taught it as 'pat the high horse'. same move I'm sure.

???

got me there, bro. wait....hmmmm, maybe.

ok, how are you throwing with that?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

pat the high horse is different.

Part the horse's mane is where you come around the outside gate, plant the inside foot behind both legs of your opponent, get the near arm with your outside arm, reach your inside arm under the armpit and across the chest (or you might wanna grab onto some jawbone here) and pull him backwards across the leg you've got blocking his escape route. This leaves him on his back with the legs away from you and his arm in the crook of your elbow with the forearm held by the other hand. If you can't finish from here, you just ain't trying.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Puter kepala!

Christopher -

Do you mean to say pooter kepala is the same as parting the horse's mane?

If so, I did not know that!
    Crippled Avenger

puter kapela is basically just turning someones head until they hit the ground.

see yourself grabbing someones head and one arm, then stuffing their head through the armpit of the arm you hold.

snap!

strike!

Its really just a kind of throw, not a specific throw.

strike!

No, not at all... it's just my favorite throw.

I think parting the horses main would be called kenjit in indonesian. Another great one, certainly.

hm, ok, then that is what I refer to as 'slant flying'.

any one got a picture of 'puter kapela' in action? it sounds like what I was taught as "Mobility Throw" Capitalization is intentional as that was the emphasis placed on the name.

damm, crazy cracker names.

would PK be an indonesian name?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Originally posted by Christopher M
    No, not at all... it's just my favorite throw.

I think parting the horses main would be called kenjit in indonesian. Another great one, certainly.
    yeah, that sounds like kenjit - but with kenjit, I was taught to use that elbow also - more of a strike than push, so they go back and downwards
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

THANKS !

yep, that is exactly what I was taught as "Mobility Throw"

this came from Remy Presas' Modern Arnis.

Usually set up from decadena on the inside.

anybody else add a knee at about pic s1-4 ?

Originally posted by Oso
    anybody else add a knee at about pic s1-4?
    Oh yes.

I really just think of it as a manipulation to lead into stuff like that, rather than as a complete technique used as a throw. But then, that's how I try to think of everything people call throws.