Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TMA and bad attitude (not a troll)

Originally posted by Meat Shake
    People tend to think less clearly when sloppy drunk...
    Only a fool will drink to a stage where he can no longer control himself, especially when in company or public.

Too many people look for easy excuses to do foolish things and justify their actions afterwards, this is an unfortuante personality trend that has been developing for some time.

Originally posted by Meat Shake
    People tend to think less clearly when sloppy drunk...
    exactly my point.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey

Only a fool will drink to a stage where he can no longer control himself, especially when in company or public.

Too many people look for easy excuses to do foolish things and justify their actions afterwards, this is an unfortuante personality trend that has been developing for some time.
    I agree, but it happens, nevertheless. consequently, it still goes in a seperate category as to why beatings won't humble them.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Sevenstar.

You can only humble people that are ready to be humbled.

Some people got it and others don't, some might get it later on in life due to experiences and some never will.

Old saying:
    "When the student is ready the teacher appears."

Complete agreement here.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Royal Dragon, I truly like what you are saying, and there is a side of me that strongly agrees with you. But then there is the otherside.

This thing we do is Martial Art. It is combat based, and being so one does not only want to win, you should demand it ... no second place. Do or die.

That is the heart of a violent confrontation, and because of that I always seek to increase my technology, compare it with what is out there, maintain an edge, an unfair advantage.

Whay the TKD guys are doing is fine! They are great athletes and many have much more ability than me. I'm envious of their kicking, though I kick clear and crisp and can clear a head. The problem is when they label it Martial Art!

I see some of these guys and I was there in Karate and just think to myself, "God, that kid has so much talent. If he'd only ...."

It's not a negative judgement in that I have ill feeling or look down on the person. It's seeing someone with a lot of talent that can take it to another level but in most cases, won't for either: A) having been introduced to the art and not wanting to start over fresh or B) will never be exposed to something more martial focused.

I for one do believe that some arts are better than others. The only time I become argumentitive here is in regard to tactics. When someone says opening up with a high roundhouse kick is the way to go.

Yes, high roundhouses can kill you. But there is a time and place and the opening move is not. Now a TKD guy will swear up and down it is acceptable. But that's because no one has ever wedged his leg up in the air and kicked out his supporting leg before dumping him on his head ... it's not allowed.

This same type of argument comes up in many forms on this board and its thin wire one has to walk between sugesting someone's tactics may be a little short sighted and telling them that their training is unrealistic ..... martially.

Overall, I think the board does a pretty good job. Also, I think folks play down the honor aspect here because we're all martial artists. Sort of like doctors not bragging about being a doctor in a room full of doctors. You brag about the sailfish you got in key west instead.

Sevenstar.

You can only humble people that are ready to be humbled.

Some people got it and others don't, some might get it later on in life due to experiences and some never will.

Old saying:
    "When the student is ready the teacher appears."
    I disagree. discipline and humbleness are two things that can be forced. at the very least, if they aren't humble to all, they will be humble to and respect those who are beating them.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by EvolutionFist

This thing we do is Martial Art. It is combat based, and being so one does not only want to win, you should demand it ... no second place. Do or die.
    I ould disagree with this, to me it is a misunderstanding that is propagated in the West, egoism and arrogance.

One of the first rules of all the MA that I learned is:
    "Do not compete"
    and I have seen about 98% of Students get it wrong and misunderstood it.

Originally posted by SevenStar

I disagree. discipline and humbleness are two things that can be forced. at the very least, if they aren't humble to all, they will be humble to and respect those who are beating them.
    Not saying that you are wong, but my exeriences are different.