Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Guns and MA's...hahaha

1) The DE .50 is for guys with little d1cks and no common sense. It is a first rate piece of junk that doesn't shoot accurately or reliably under adverse conditions.

2) There are ways to counter the gun. Fu-Pow's post does not suprise me in light of his admission that this is the first time he has fired a handgun (not trying to start sh1t ). Familiarity with firearms tends to take away that magical aura of invincibility that a person feels the first time they hear the big crack of a round going off at the local firing range.

3) Guns can be dealt with at close range, medium range, and at long range (medium being the most difficult at this point in my experience).
    Last edited by Stranger; 11-06-2003 at 03:23 PM.
    Monkey vs. Robot

1) The DE .50 is for guys with little d1cks and no common sense. It is a first rate piece of junk that doesn't shoot accurately or reliably under adverse conditions.
    then why is it one of max paynes best guns????

pfffft .... you don't know what your talkin about man.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    Joe Sifu is ruined, his wife leaves him for the milkman, and he ends his days playing tekken 12 while crying into his (cheap) beer.
    Sweet, Tekken 12 is out! Is it available for the Playstation 6?
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Originally posted by Stranger

2) There are ways to counter the gun. Fu-Pow's post does not suprise me in light of his admission that this is the first time he has fired a handgun (not trying to start sh1t ). Familiarity with firearms tends to take away that magical aura of invincibility that a person feels the first time they hear the big crack of a round going off at the local firing range.

3) Guns can be dealt with at close range, medium range, and at long range (medium being the most difficult at this point in my experience).
    I agree from start to finish. Close range, lots of people have the tendency to hold the gun at arm's length, so it can be hard to keep you in front of the barrel, particularly if you step into them. Long range, you run away and they probably can't hit you anyway (talking about handguns). Mid range is tough because you have to cover a lot of distance to either get up close to the person or to get out of their effective range.

I have mixed feelings on the whole issue of gun defense. Sure, you can say, "Just give up the wallet and don't be a hero." But, you have no assurance that they won't shoot you even after you give up the wallet - just a vague hope that they are somewhat sane and realize that killing you might mean more trouble for them. It would suck to be shot and die realizing that you could have done something about it.

Wasn't it Locke who said that people should legally be able to kill anyone who attempts to control them using physical force? - because once under their control, the controller would realistically have the power to kill the controllee and that the controllee shouldn't have to rely on the controller's benevolence in drawing the line between robbing and killing.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Boom your dead

There's a vid of the newscast of this but the article below captures it.

Man pulls weapon at school amid debate on guns and martial arts, according to police
    WPBF Updated: 9:03 PM EDT Aug 14, 2017
    Whitney Burbank
    Reporter

PORT SAINT LUCIE, Fla. —
    Sunday Chris LaSala was holding an open house at Grace Christian Academy where he teaches physical education in order to get students to join a martial arts after school program.

LaSala said he was talking with a group of kids and their families about the importance of self defense at the Port St. Lucie school but one man in his 60s didn't want to hear
    it.

"He proceeded to get up out of his chair walked around the children, the group of people, and pulled a pistol out of his pocket, pointed it at my face over the top of a
    woman's face and said, 'Boom your dead'," said LaSala.

LaSala said George Meyer became angry when he mentioned a gun wasn't the best choice for self-defense, because according to LaSala, it can easily be taken away. LaSala
    said Meyer used the weapon to try and prove a point, in front of an audience of
    students, parents, and even a woman holding an 18-month-old.

"When he walked to his chair, he made sure he let everyone know his gun was locked and loaded and ready to fire," said LaSala.

LaSala said he left the room to alert a school administrator and call police.

"If want to have a discussion or a debate about martial arts and firearms then, well, you talk about it," said Port St. Lucie police spokesperson Frank Sabol Monday. "You
    don't have to, especially, it's illegal, to pull out a gun and point it at
    somebody to make a point."

Sabol said police arrested Meyer at his home in Port St. Lucie and took away the weapon.

Meyer was arrested on for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, and multiple gun related charges including carrying a concealed weapon without a
    permit.

Meyer was released on bond, and returned to the school Monday afternoon.

Officials contacted authorities who located Meyer after he left the property.

Meyer was cited for trespassing.

He remains out of jail this evening.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart