Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Kwoon and Fees!

I pay $40 bucks a month for 2.5 hours on Monday, 2.5 hours on Thursday and 1.5 hours on Wednesday.

I can also go to any other class offered by another SD teacher for free. I usually go to Saturday sparring class for 3 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I don't pay anything. I have a key and unlimited access to the school.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

where I train I think the fee breaks down to somewhere around $80/mo. this covers any class the student wants to come to between 4pm and 9 or 10pm mon thru friday and between 10am to 3 or 4 pm saturday. tai chi is a separate curriculum at around $30 per month. Kids pay less for classes although I don't know how much and family members get discounts too. After about 3 to 6 months most students are able to go to any class they want on any day. The school is also open for private lessons and open class times (usually for instructors) between 11-4pm on weekdays. Theres a fee for grading that simply covers the purchase of a sash and certificate. I don't know how much it is. There are somewhere around 7 basics classes for 1hr each per week, 8 or 9 handset classes for 1 hr each per week, 3 weapons classes for 1 hr each, 2 sparring classes for 3 to 6 hrs per week (most ppl go for about 1.5 to 2 hrs per week) tai chi 2 or 3 times a week for 3 or so hours per week, and lion dance once a week for 1and1/2 hours. We used to be half the price when we had a much smaller location and the mortgage and/or rent wasn't even 1/10 of what it is now but we got a much much huger location now and real estate prices around here have nearly doubled over the last 4 years. Regardless you can still get a lot of bang for your buck here. There's also constanct programs for incentives and kick backs for credit towards uniforms and supply purchases and tournament/travel costs for different events.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Show off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

well sure, but do they let you work out when you're done cleaning?

I paid a one-time fee of $160,000 and in just 3 short months was awarded the coveted Black Sash of the Kung Fu Master.

I'm currently studying Snake, Crane, Tiger, Mantis and Panther styles via an exclusive videotape series (each just 3 easy payments of $199.95) and upon completion I will be rated a 9th dan black belt in each discipline.

I've also been contacted by Master Sifu Aristo Aragon and will soon be the chief U.S. exponent of ACAMAC ultimate martial arts system and then will be the most undefeatable!

(He still hasn't given me a price, or maybe he did, because his reply e-mail is 20 pages long, but I'm sure it will be reasonable.)

At one of the judo clubs I attend, it's $8 a month, and I have a key.

at the other school, it's $75/month for unlimited judo, bjj and muay thai. The only real 'limit' is when we feel like leaving. There have been days where we trained till midnight.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Muay Thai is $ 40.00/month there are 4 2 hour classes a week, I usually make 2.

I never paid for Shuai Chiao and don't plan on charging for the forseeable future. If I do, it'll probably be between $ 25.00 - $ 40.00/month. I still have to finsih up my responsibility to my teacher and teach the art to 3 people at no charge. That's 2 more to go.

Meat Shake, You definately are paying for the SC, just not cash. Your payment is in Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Same deal.. teach the beginners and help teach the kickboxing..

I'll buy supplies for the school every once in a while and take my shirfu out for a meal here and there.

I think we say $120/month, but you get your first month free if you do 3 months.. so it ends up being $80/month... If you call me or shirfu we're pretty open on when you can train extra. Before Taiji Legacy the school was open (because I was there) 20 some days straight and different people would come down to train at different times... I give free privates with the people that are below me if I have anything to offer, shirfu is usually available for one or two a month.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I pay a little over $100/month. We have our own building to pay for (no free/cheap gym/YMCA/basement/church/whatever location), and there are classes roughly from 9am to 9pm weekdays, as well as Saturday mornings.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

seems like some ppl have some pretty good deals here... while others...

*whistle* ~ must suck to be u