Thread: good protein for fruit smoothies? general recipes?

good protein for fruit smoothies? general recipes?

for those who make fruit smoothies with lotsa protein, what kind of powder do you use? the idea of tossing my myoplex chocolate in the blender with strawberries and kiwis just sounds a little nasty, so i'm curious what you folks use.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Biotest's Grow is good tasting stuff. Other than that, good luck.

Plain yogurt, cottage cheese, orange juice, peanut butter, banana(s), raisin bread. Maybe some extra milk to thin it out. Lots of calories, lots of protein. I don't use protein powders most of the time.

I bought a smoothie at a smoothie shoppe that was ~$5. From the looks of it was mostly ice, but it tasted like pure sugar. Your own blender is your friend.
    Last edited by abobo; 11-07-2003 at 09:15 AM.

aye. i hit emerald city smoothie after my own class on tuesday and thursday afternoons and get a 40-30-30 -- 450 calories, 30 g of protein, strawberries, papaya, cranberries, lemon and flax. odd combo, but it's fuggin tasty as heck. that's a hair under $5 after uncle sam's share, and i'm a bigger fan of fruit than i am of chocolate myoplex.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I don't eat many smoothies. Oatmeal + peanut butter is my friend.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash