Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: fajings completely bad ass clips

Interesting. Good clips there fajing. On that Mantis vs WC clip I found it interesting that they both look pretty much the same, similar footwork, similar strikes and blocks.

Is that sifu of yours teaching wingchun or does he teach a mix of stuff? What is his background?

cool fa_jing thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Starchaser107; 11-07-2003 at 05:53 PM.

Red - what my sifu teaches is June Fan JKD and Wing Chun. Not necessarily in that order. He also teaches us "martial arts." that means grappling and Qin Na and transitions between striking and grappling. Although we learn some good stuff, it is not the most advanced grappling material. We get a few good tricks from who knows what art. He has a background in boxing. And in streetfighting, and in the marines, and as a Sheriff. When you are in the martial arts for nearly 30 years you will have been exposed to alot of methods.

I think my Wing Chun forms and exercises come from Ho Kam Ming and Leung Ting lineages but I'm not sure.

Originally posted by red5angel
    On that Mantis vs WC clip I found it interesting that they both look pretty much the same, similar footwork, similar strikes and blocks.

They are not similar, it's just that when you apply it it's similar. that was a joke. FWIW neither one has done much cross-training as far as I know. They are pretty much one-style guys.

It does go back to the "two arms, two legs" thing.

My experience with standing across from someone of approximately equal or better talent is that all of a sudden you can't really do what you want to do. You need to make adjustments which is tough. You need to constantly watch your opponent and react. It's because I'm watching the other guy, for instance, that I drop my rear hand. If I'm kicking it's because I'm managing my balance.

What I liked most was that in the Fight clips you were started from well within arms reach so that you did not even have to bother stepping forwards to hit your oponent

Some things worried me, like in the mantis v wc clip a kick is caught and held but nothing is done with it! Not bad overall though.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Thumbs up

only statement i'd make also regarding wc vs mantis is that it seems the fight was being stopped or broken up too much to allow much continuity re: grappling , takedowns etc. what happens on the ground etc. , seems like it was just a friendly light-ish sparring match not too much follow through as liokault indicated. otherwise cool.