Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why horse?

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe

LOL,

still it puts your record to shame. You've had your ass grabbed once and it was by a man in drag.

Whatever dude, my posterior is concidered holy in some countries...

WD, that sounds similar to what I try to get in at least once a week.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Horse makes the legs stronger and strengthens the muscles at the point of attachment to the bone (sinew/tendon).

The horse stance also helps the student to regulate blood flow where the aretry splits to proceed down each leg, which in turn aids in getting the feel of the lower dan tiens which is also located at approximately the same area.

Horse works balance and a good horse=good root.

It is a difficult stance, but it produces good results in the rest of your martial practice. No good horse and the rest is pretty much weak as well.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Whatever dude, my posterior is concidered holy in some countries...
    Maybe, just not in this one.

Meat Shake & I are going up to Colorado on Jan 2nd, were going to have meet up and drink some Grey Goose and exchange some knowledge.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Grey Goose
    I like the goose and juice.. but I found a new gem...

Ciroc...check it, it doesn't stink, even though it is french.

Most def on the whole colo trip...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

horse has increased the power of my strikes. so has striking, but i don't thing that makes the horse any less usefull.

beer on the other hand has not helped my striking ability.
    where's my beer?

See quote below.
    My intent is to kill you, my heart wants you dead, my mind thinks of you dead, when I strike its to kill you - Sifu.

You are only as strong as your horse - Sigung Leung Cheung.

Thumbs up

said like a true badman.

NP: Great, man. I'm really looking forward to going back up North. Meat Shake and I are each bring a bottle of Goose up there, so Its good times no matter what. There are a mind-blowing amount of beautiful women in Boulder. I'm in fat girl hell here in San Antonio. I long for the slim, athletic college girls.

erm, Yeah....horse stance...the root of all Kung Fu.....*clears throat*
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 11-06-2003 at 10:51 PM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Cool

~ Why horse?
    ~ Because it sounds cooler than pony or (jack) A$$.
    ~ Have you ever seen a jellyfish stand? (let us now do the jellyfish... Lay on the floor and quiver like a blob of jello).
    ~ How about an octopus? (Ok everyone get on all eight... er.. umm.. hmmm...)
    ~ Then there is the bat. (Grasp your toes tightly to the rafter and let your self relax as you hang upside down...)
    ~ Of course, then we practice the twisted dragon, but what about the twisted sister? (with hand's on hips holding purse, dude, I think you need another shade of eye shadow...)

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Flatulo Ergo Sum

Lets all practice our Pony Stance!
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

wow....how incredibly ghay....
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    set timer to 2 minutes. get in a deep horse, a little wider than shoulder width. Put hands together in front of your chest like you are praying. Hold horse for a count of 10. Rotate all the way to your right so your are now facing 180. You will be in a T stance. Make sure the back knee is about 1-2 " off the ground and hold for a 10 count. Shift back to horse, hold for 10 count. Turn to the left, hold for 10 count. Repeat until the timer goes off. <-- These fockers will kill your legs.
    I do 30 seconds each on the following stances continuously: horse, 6/4, bow, cat, crane, monkey, scissor, drop, steal. After two or three series of these, you feel like you're either dead or invincible.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Tak, I used to train continuous stances as well. IMO, what I'm doing now gives me better results in less time. It's kinda like trying to apply modern sport science to the old exercises. They both work, but for me, combining movement with the static stances works better.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Child Prays to Buddha= Satan's Jazzercise.

Great excercize though.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Horse makes the legs stronger and strengthens the muscles at the point of attachment to the bone (sinew/tendon).
    Doesn't any low stance?

The horse stance also helps the student to regulate blood flow where the aretry splits to proceed down each leg, which in turn aids in getting the feel of the lower dan tiens which is also located at approximately the same area.
    OK, good point.

Horse works balance and a good horse=good root.
    I would argue that this is true of any stance.

It is a difficult stance, but it produces good results in the rest of your martial practice. No good horse and the rest is pretty much weak as well.
    Once again, I don't think this is specific to horse. In particular, xing yi people say that about san ti - "I can look at your san ti and tell the quality of your xing yi." Or even the attitude of the head while in san ti!

I'm not really complaining, just looking for discussion on why horse is the focus.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash