Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Just In: Axe Kick To Head Hurts...

Three kicks...

I try to practice three variations on the axe kick.. outside crecent to axe, inside crecent to axe, and straight kick to axe. The last is an interesting thing, I've been using it by getting to just outside of range, making it look like I missread the range than try to stretch foward to increase range by a few inches...

Big ups to those that fought.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    jowbacca, good job getting out there.
    definitely rest as long as your coach tells you to.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Exclamation

FYI, from teh KSD rule book

(10) Procedure after an “RSCH”.
    a) Unconscious athlete. If the athlete is rendered unconscious, then only the referee and the doctor summoned should remain in the ring, unless the doctor needs additional assistance.

b) Medical attention. An athlete stopped in a contest as a result of head blows (RSCH), rendering said athlete defenseless or incapable of continuing, shall be examined by a physician immediately afterward to determine the need for additional medical assessment. Upon issuing the Restrictions Affidavit, the physician will counsel the athlete and coach and provide instructions as deemed necessary.

c) Notation of an “RSCH” and of restrictions placed upon said athlete will be recorded by the organization.

d) Restriction periods - defined.

1) A restricted athlete shall not be permitted to take part in sparring or competitive fighting of any type for the duration of medical restriction. All other training, for conditioning and maintaining of weight, shall be permitted.

RSC - No restriction period applies. Examples are mismatching (one athlete clearly outclassed the other or an athlete received excessive body blows) or an injury other than a head injury which does not require a restriction period.

RSCH (30) - 30-day restriction period applies. Examples are: three standing-eight counts in one round or four in a match due to head blows; an athlete who receives a stunning head blow and demonstrates a lack of normal response but has not been knocked down; or an athlete who has been knocked down from a head blow but immediately responds normally and assumes the upright, on-guard position, indicating intent to go on, however, the referee stops the contest.

RSCH (90) - 90-day restriction period applies. Examples are: an athlete who has been knocked unconscious and is unresponsive to normal stimuli for less than two minutes.

RSCH (180) - 180-day restriction period applies. Examples are: an athlete who has been knocked unconscious and is unresponsive to normal stimuli for at least two minutes.

The above restriction periods also apply to an athlete who has won by disqualification but was rendered unconscious by illegal blows to the head (head butts, elbows, etc.)

e) The above descriptions and restrictive periods may be applied to situations arising from kick catches, throws and takedowns upon the advise of the attending physician.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

just curiosity questions...

how long have these restrictions been in effect?

what's the KSD rule book?

is this for amature full contact venues or pro-venues as well?

just thinking about Ali and his condition nowadays. Also just heard something about how Sugar Ray Leonard is now suffering somewhat from all the head blows.

those guidelines sound like good ones that should help mitigate long term damage, I'm imagining that they weren't around in the 60's and 70's.

which classification does Jowbacca fall into?

thanks
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Hey, thanx coach.

I was out less than 2 minutes, so the next 90 days are gonna be roadwork and weights for me.

Yah, maybe I let an easy kick slip in.
    Hey, I ain't Cro Cop...............................yet.
    It was my first fight and a learning experience.
    Losing like that means I don't have to look hard for my lesson.
    I could easily drive myself nuts with "woulda, coulda, shoulda"; but the only realities are "did" and "didn't".
    Better to use that energy to make sure it doesn't happen next time.

Thanx again everybody.
    Last edited by Jowbacca; 11-10-2003 at 01:01 PM.
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

cool. well rest up, man.

Jowbacca just axe-kicked the correct into unconsciuosness for well over two minutes with his last post! Peace. T.

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    I try to practice three variations on the axe kick.. outside crecent to axe, inside crecent to axe, and straight kick to axe. The last is an interesting thing, I've been using it by getting to just outside of range, making it look like I missread the range than try to stretch foward to increase range by a few inches...
    Straight kick...this is like a pistoning heel or or ball of the foot kick?
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Make it look like you were trying to land the heel or ball on there chin, go higher then lean into it a bit... I haven't pulled this off yet, don't know how far I'll go to incorporate this into normal sparring, as I don't know how much I'll try to use any axe kick... we'll see.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Hehe, it's pretty rare that I'd try to kick someone in the chin, unless I'd previously doubled them over.

Interesting to see if I could catch someone off guard with it, though.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash