Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First World Kuoshu Championship Tournament results.

First World Kuoshu Championship Tournament results.

Tournament held in Sao Paulo, Brazil Nov. 8-9th

Brazil - 1st
    USA - 2nd
    Italy - 3rd
    Germany - 4th

Just in case anyone wanted to know...

I used to take a ku shu class. Is there a website w/ those results?
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Not yet but...

I'm sure the official results will be available here:

http://www.tienshanpai.org/usckf/index.shtml

perhaps later this week.

The info I have comes from my students that participated down there, so it's "unofficial".

thanks I bookmarked it. I've been meaning to get back with those guys, but they are sort of a family and are all way better than me, so it's kind of tough. Paul Rosado and co. here in Bos is the team
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Haven't the World Kuoshu Championships been around for quite awhile now?

Yep, but...

This was the first one headed by the new world federation. It used to be the I.C.K.F. (International Chinese Kuoshu Federation) that organized the tournament. Now the T.W.K.S.F (The World Kuoshu Federation) has assumed that position.

So, in essence, it's the first one for the new federation.

My shirfu was pizzed he couldn't go....

Big ups to those that represented...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Thumbs up

Congrats to Musicalkatachamp..... world champion
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Hey NP!

Sorry to hear your Shrfu could not go, I couldn't go myself... **** daytime job!!

My guys said it was tons of fun and, to be expected, the Brazilians were the ones to beat. I'll be watching the footage tonight, can't wait!

I've watched the tape about 10 times already. Will try to put some footage online tonight.

Sun Tzu- I still want your opinion because I received a lot of criticism for the way that I fought. I wasn't very active, but I knew I had to fight at least three times that day. Can you come to the kung fu school tonight? I will have the tape with me.
    I'll get my pics developed today and bring those too.

I was happy with how things went but already I see A LOT of things that I need to work on. Most of all, I need to stop being so afraid of throwing punches and kicks...I guess I was afraid they would catch my foot or knock me out if I did this or that.

I have a new strategy for kuoshu and that is when I am ahead I don't do anything untill the ref starts counting for stalling. I wasn't as tired after 3 fights as I normally am.
    Overall the tournament was awesome...the Brazilian and Mexican teams were both very tough, I thought. One Mexican dude got KTFO then won his next fight an hour later.
    Last edited by Musicalkatachmp; 11-12-2003 at 08:20 AM.
    Veni Vidi Vici

- "One Mexican dude got KTFO then won his next fight an hour later."

LORD! You have to be joking! This is why Chinese led organizations will be the death of you, LITERALLY

They let someone fight again after being KO'd? That is a good way to DIE!

Stuff like that is precisely why "traditional" run fight events will never get anywhere!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

What place did the UK team get?

Theres one guy from the club that went

I'm not really sure about the team placings b/c during the awards ceremony I was going around getting pictures with people...

I did fight one guy from the UK though in my first fight...
    Veni Vidi Vici

Hey, MKC.

What weight division were you in?

Did you watch the fight between Wanderley Luccas (Brazil) and an Italian team member? My guys said that Wanderley kicked this guys so hard that he was horizontal to the Lei Tai for a second!

Congratulations!

lkfmdc...

"LORD! You have to be joking! This is why Chinese led organizations will be the death of you, LITERALLY"

I agree with you on that being a stupid move by whoever allowed that fighter to continue (if that is what really happened), but this is the first time I've heard of that happening. In my past experience they usually will eliminate the contestant.

It does say something about the organization of the event but it says a lot more about the coach that allowed his athlete back on the Lei Tai. Scary stuff.

Interesting story about safety at kuoshu events:

The new President of the ICKF, a couple of years ago, decided that he was going to stage a Worlds with the Lei Tai surrounded by water (publicity stunt) in Taiwan. The few representatives from other countries that were present for this "very last minute meeting" all agreed that it was too dangerous and voiced their concern for an event that could have disastrous consequences. This event (among other bad moves by the new president) set the stage for the creation of the T.W.K.S.F.

I have always been impressed by the organization and professionalism of the U.S.C.K.F. and how they take care of the fighters involved in their tournaments. Since the tournament was in Brazil it was hosted by the B.C.K.F. with most help (volunteers, translators and referees) coming from them (same way the Pan-Ams were). So it might be a local issue that should be addressed by the T.W.K.S.F.

Hopefully this was an oversight and they can take it as "lessons learned" for future events (again, if this is exactly what happened).