Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First World Kuoshu Championship Tournament results.

"Stuff like that is precisely why "traditional" run fight events will never get anywhere!"

I hear that! One of the heavy contact tournaments I was in last year didn't even have so much as a first aid kit!! When one of the competitors got his nose cut on the caged headgear, my sifu (not one of the organizers) had to run out to his car to get the guy some bandages.

Yeah traditional fight events are going absolutely nowhere. The kuoshu tourney held the day after TWKSF tournament only had 300 fighters.

Safety, and organization at the tournament sucked. But the fighters were good.

Saeksan,
    Thanks. I met all of your guys and they were really cool. We hung out before and at the tournament, but most of us had to leave too early, it was a lot of fun.

I fought at like 80 kg.

I saw a fight between an Italian and a Brazilian, but I'm not sure if that was Lucas or not. All of the Brazilian fights were really good. I didn't get as much footage as I wanted b/c they had me in the prep area for a while, then kept telling me it was time to come out, only to send me back. Like I said, organization sucked, but it was fun. I hope they address the safety issues in the future.
    Veni Vidi Vici

MKC

Wow! Sorry to hear it was so disorganized. I'm having a meeting with my guys tonight to gather some more info to pass along to the B.C.K.F. and the T.W.K.S.F. I'll voice your concern as well, if you don't mind.

Yeah, they said that they had quite a bit of fun and met some cool people too. Next time we gotta plan for a few extra days of down time... party!

I've been talking to Wanderley about taking my guys down for a "training camp" with his students, maybe next year a few months before Baltimore, should be fun.