Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: updates

updates

Updates from Fajing (all of which you may already have seen courtesy of GDA) and Starchaser107:

http://www.apoweyn.net/martialarts/index.htm
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

bless.

Thumbs up

this wouldve been a banger if the picture didnt freeze every 5 seconds, couldnt watch half of it.

but props anyway...

Thumbs up

how abt downloading it?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    SC107...DUDE !!! what is the first form shown in sc107_1???????

there is a sequence in that set that is as close as I have ever seen to a form I do.

the beginning is different and it is played different but from about the :10 mark to the end of what is shown for that is almost exactly like a section of a mantis set I do.

sweet clips overall. is the older guy your sifu??? or is that you?
    how long ago was the iska fight?

thanks as always to Apoweyn for his kindness in helping us all get a little closer...ok, that sounded a little ghay but you know what I mean.

Ap for Prezident !!!
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

----------------------------------------------------------------
    the first form in clip one is from a white tiger form.

there is a sequence in that set that is as close as I have ever seen to a form I do.

the beginning is different and it is played different but from about the :10 mark to the end of what is shown for that is almost exactly like a section of a mantis set I do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

sweet, i dunno why that is though i have seen similarities between lots of forms, there might be some relation as well as there mightnt be, but i don't have the knowledge to say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------my sifu isn't on any of the clips. the young fellow doing the monkey routine and in the iska fight is my classmate and a si hing like myself, I'm not sure what you mean by "older guy" I'm the oldest guy in those clips though but that might not help, you can identify me in my younger days doing a drop tornado kick onto the ground , and swinging a few punches and also more recently with less hair (bald) in the yellow shaolin vest and black pants at the end of the clip.

it was good as well to see you , and fa_jing in action. perhaps one day if I'm brave enough or even in your vicinity we could meet up and do some grappling...i'm only abt. 5'6 but I'm willing to have a go at it
    cheers. and once againg props to ap.

ok, you were who I meant by older I think.

it looked like the clips spanned a number of years.

so you were doing the splits and then came up into the horse from a split??? awesome. you won't see my fat azz getting anywhere close to that.

I'll get back to you on that set.

need to wine and dine my lady.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

k, you n m.y. have fun .
    peace

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    how abt downloading it?
    Exactly.

Originally posted by Oso

thanks as always to Apoweyn for his kindness in helping us all get a little closer...ok, that sounded a little ghay but you know what I mean.
    Hey man, that's precisely what I was hoping to achieve. And I'm really glad to see this exchange here. Makes me think it's worthwhile. Cheers.

Ap for Prezident !!!
    Alas, I'm a foreign national. British expatriate. How about "Ap for mysterious benefactor!!!"

Thumbs up

that'll work..or at leat ..governor of cali in a few years.

Hey SC107 - I enjoyed the clips - there were some really talented and athletic performers and it looks like a high-end martial arts association. I'll have to go back through and find your piece.

I hope more people are encouraged to put up clips...or we can just go back to discussing cheese and bacon sammiches

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    that'll work..or at leat ..governor of cali in a few years.
    Not sure I'm qualified for that either. According to most people, I'm intelligible.