Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Reverting to Kung Fu

www.pimphats.com

just wanted to share

Re "MMA types" you have TWO different issues...

1. You have bad trainers, I know a lot of guys who have "done boxing" who when they come to my gym are HORRIBLE, I mean, they make me SICK

I don't attribute that to boxing, I attribute that to bad trainers.

2. The "fighting theory" issue is one of integration of skills. Is their "boxing" in line with their "kicking"? If they did just boxing the answer is no. If they did Muay Thai, it may be yes, but it isn't in line with their "wrestling"...

That doesn't mean the individual executions of individual techniques is so extremely radically different, it means their OVERALL structure is different. A hip throw is a hip throw, but it is different if you set it up off a jacket grip, off a "naked" (no jacket) clinch or off a punch!

Now, I feel one of my "strengths" is being able to relate the thoery behind the movement to those who just have the movemetn (ie explaining to some who wrestled in HS that his moves are this and that, sinking, breaking the daan tin, weighting, etc)

OR

Getting thos hopeless closet kung fu types to manifest a practical application of theory they had been fed prior to meeting me
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Re: Reverting to Kung Fu

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    So here’s the question. If I ‘reverted to Kung Fu’ in my kickboxing class, what exactly are all those CMA people we see on video reverting to if they’ve never trained kickboxing?
    people that never really learned cma mechanics and stuff revert to kickboxing cos boxing/kickboxing/muay thai is something they always seen fighters doing on tv
    its part of the unnconscious to put up a crappy boxing guard and bounce when fighting
    it happens to cma people who do crappy cma
    exepct sanshou people, who then do it on purpose or whatever
    martial arts is fockid just like that
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

Great answer coach
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    Great answer coach
    No problem, you know im just here to help, W Dragon.
    Though i dont train anymore i can see how a youngster like you can always use my good advice.
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

San Shou/San Da people do not "bounce", only people who know NOTHING about the sport try and make them out to be pansy point karate guys...

The footwork is much more like a bowling ball on a spring, it alternates between sinking and rising, ie the weight sinks and the spring of the legs pushes it back up so there is an equilibrium, a sort of yin/yang thing. That is actually a fairly traditional principle from TCMA

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Originally posted by lkfmdc
    The footwork is much more like a bowling ball on a spring, it alternates between sinking and rising, ie the weight sinks and the spring of the legs pushes it back up so there is an equilibrium, a sort of yin/yang thing. That is actually a fairly traditional principle from TCMA
    yin/yang my ass, that is MY old patterned bus ridding technique
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

Hey! I bounce. When I'm out of range, and I'm shaking off nervous energy in my legs and trying to stay loose. Never once have I bounced when in fighting distance, or when the opponent was coming towards me, or I towards them. And I never stall, I pick my time strategically and come in, even if the opponent is superior.

Exclamation

If you want to yin/yang your ass, please don't ask us to be involved

lkmcDJbebop... listen to me and listen for the last time ok beofre i get really angry

you dont have the MORAL HEIGHT to be here in front of me talking like that, understand?
    this is the LAST TIME you come here in MY HOUSE, try to play with MY RUBBER DOLL and get away with it
    No, NE-VER again you disrespect me in fron of my family you hear me you dirty sckumbag, i RE-MEMBER how you and your friends were amused used to maek fun of me when were in kids back in school
    Now dont YOU EVER cross my path again, and DO NOT pretend you dot know what im talkinb about here I WILL EAT YOUR BRAIN for breakfast if you ever disrespect me again. this isnt the old days, i am stronger than you now, now YOU are the geek afraid in the corner I AM YOUR BULLY PAYBACK TIME
    You will pay for the suffering you caused and for taking away all my self-estem you piece of dirty yellow soft sh!t!!!
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

Talking

ding ding

time to take the little yellow pills again .......

I have also learned to shake out your arms and bounce if you get a chance when you are hurt or tired in Muay Thai. I have also learned that you can rest both your hands on your jaw to rest, but cheekbones or eyebrows are better.