Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Finish

IronBuddha Guest
    chokes are good. start choking him and make sure to stay mobile while doing it -- drag him backwards at angles as you sink your weight. he will be between you and his friends and you will be on the move -- a harder target to hit.
    once he starts convulsing, drop him and attack one of his friends that you probably just scared the sh!t out of

Morpheus Guest
    Munz
    All good advice here. Just a pointer from someone else fortunate enough to live in Gods-Own country. Under Qld. law you can do whatever is deemed 'reasonable' if you are assaulted, but if you start it you're probably in trouble. Any training at all leaves you open to prosecution for aggravated assault/assault with a deadly weapon, even if it's only two weeks lessons. Since you're in grade 12 I assume you're 17 or close to it, and under Qld. law you will be tried as an adult. First conviction you'll probably get a fine and 6-12 months suspended, but the risk of 3 months in Boggo Road is a hell of a price to pay for teaching a bully a lesson. There is far more to be gained in backing down and allowing your opponent to save face, but I know how hard that is when you're 17. I don't understand why half the junior students are out to pick you blokes, but I suspect that you could benefit from an interesting little book called 'The gentle Art of Verbal Self Defence'
    If you are detremined to try this then I think that there are basically only 3 places that will take out any opponent : eyes, throat and groin. Unfortunately only the groin strike has a fairly low risk of doing permanent damage. Good luck
    By the way, where is Karalee? I thought I'd seen all of the state so assume it's in the SE corner somewhere.

ATENG Guest
    Perhaps the most applicable wing chun principle in this situation is: yield

------------------
    Its all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then its just fun.

JKDVIGILANTE Guest
    Why don't you guys just organize yourselves, hire DON KING and do it right? Fight for money only!

Tiny Dragon Guest
    wow, it sounds like your is a school warzone... if you've told anyone that you do martial arts, it'll get around and you'll be asked to spar or fight with a thousand and one people, jus' say that you're not all that how at martial arts, if they still come at you... dude, jus' cream-em, they got warned but they didn't listen! You haven't been training too long so don't go getting into any situations that you can't handle... Peace...
    B.T.W- I'm in 11th... so... well you're understood.
    Good luck

[This message has been edited by Tiny Dragon (edited 05-14-2000).]

willfu Guest
    Wow you have a messed up school. I say go with the idea of taking out the leader. But make sure there is no doubt about who won the fight.

Wudang Guest
    I agree with Tiny Dragon- as soon as you announce that you have any "experience", every so-called "tough guy" will want to challenge you.

If they are all talk, ignore them. If it comes to blows, however, it depends on many factors- their size, your size, the number of friends to back you up, etc.

If you have no other choice than to fight, there are many techniques that I can't even begin to describe in such a small space- ( pulling the nearest towards you to use as a shield, using techniques not based on strength, etc.)

Sometimes even the simplest techniques can have the most effect, such as a finger in the eye, or a knuckle in the notch below the trachea (only used in extreme situations!)

If weapons aren't involved, a fight such as this doesn't usually require such drastic measures (anything that would maim). You can't use any more force than is required to defend yourself. For example, YOU will be in trouble if you maim someone if you weren't in any serious physical danger.

It also sounds like you need to start going to better parties. If you don't want trouble, why hang out where trouble congregates?

[This message has been edited by Wudang (edited 06-06-2000).]

shawn28 Guest
    Munz

I say if you really want this guy
    catch him alone and tell him lets settle
    this and get it over with. Then right
    there will tell you if he is all
    talk or not.
    SM