Thread: looking for heavy steel balls for practice

looking for heavy steel balls for practice

Hello,

I have been looking for someone to make me six-pound steel balls for meditative practices (and strength training). I currently am using three 2.5 pound balls in one hand to compensate. The reason I am asking this here is as follows.

Some businesses that offer steel balls (typically advertised as meditation balls or Tai Chi balls) sell very light versions. At www.wle.com , the extra heavy steel balls they offer weigh in at 1.7 pounds (this is what I found out as a result of a phone call to their business)! That is pretty light (and misleading). On the other hand, I have been quoted prices for heavy steel balls that are pretty high--the highest being $665.

I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a business or person whom I can contact regarding this matter. I still have hope in finding a good source for this matter.

Thanks,

Doug M

I bought a shot putt for this type of training - should be able to get them from a good sports outlet.
    www.systemauk.com
    "Remember it's not a move, it's just a movement" Vasiliev

You will need to find a machine shop in your area that specializes in making large industrial ball bearings. ie: for cranes and the like.
    They may have what you need in stock.
    No brag, just fact.

try the shot putt first
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

concerns

Thanks.

Will the shot putt stand up to the balls bumping into each other? Are the shot putt balls smoothe enough so that they will not hurt my hands? From some pictures, they look a little rough.

Doug M

Talking Steel Balls . . .

Can't . . . make . . . funny . . .
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

go with the shot putt, it works nice and wont hurt your hands.
    i have two set of them 6lbs and 9 lbs. you can also get 12 lbs if you like.
    It's not what you know, but who's first with the best.

I got a pair of those

does this have anything to do with master tu?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Thanks, md1

Do you have a specified training regimen that you use in conjunction with these? You really use shot putt of this size for hand training (or do you practice shot putting)? What is your training like?

Basically, I rotate them clockwise and counterclockwise. I have a book, The Complete Book of Chinese Health Balls, that seems to address the light, sound-making balls that are widely available. I used these to recover from a wrist injury from hand training, but the heavy ones seem to really add strength and dexterity. Since I also use Captains of Crush grippers, this helps to keep my fingers from feeling stiff and knotted.

Doug M

one store's availability

http://www.trackoutlet.com/index.php/cPath/27

O.K., so if I buy from this store, which one do you recommend? I use steel balls, but check out the price here! Are the others o.k.?

Thanks,

Doug M

Thumbs up wle is real good

but also check Ironmind.com

they have all sorts of weightlifting & powerlifting products and specialize in all sorts of things

they should have heaveir sets than wle offers...
    In mildness is the strength of steel

Thanks. I don't really trust www.wle.com because their extra heavy boading balls were lighter than their heavy ones (as I found out from calling them). It must have been on their website for some time. They said they would change it (that was over a week ago), but I don't know if they have yet.

Doug M

misleading information is still there

I just checked the website at wle.com. They have not changed their website. Here it is:

http://www.wle.com/products/td12.html

This is misleading and, as far as I am concerned, unethical.

Doug M