View Poll Results: Should Misfortune be the new Fat Sagat, like there is Fat Majin Boo?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • yeah man

7 43.75%
  • no man

1 6.25%
  • you little wonder little wonder you

1 6.25%
  • boring

7 43.75%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Muay Thai

The above post really was from my wife, LOL.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

LOL!!!! you're supposed to be keeping her away! Err, I mean.... Hi Mrs. WaterDragon, how have you been?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

oh no does she know about our secret cuddling club!?!?!

Free thinkers are dangerous!

where's my beer?

Guru,

3 new ones, eh? Maybe I can find time to make it over there... The only down side is me getting my arse kicked. Heh!

Does anyone here study Muay Thai?

I'm hoping someone can shed light on the specific techniques they use to make their legs so big. I know some people are going to reply with "kick a lot" and "run", but i have been doing both for years, and my legs aren't like theirs. This is led me to believe that they must have some kind of training technique which i don't know about.

If anyone can shed light on this subject, i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

there is no magic , no secret.

lots of kicks to the heavy bag.

I just started and I know they have me doing hindu squats and some jumping type drills for power.

My guess is that alot of those guys at the top do some weight training. In my school alot of the kickboxers have strong legs but I wouldn't call them huge.

"big"? Most skilled Muay Thai fighters don't have "big" legs, they have muscular legs, particularly big calf muscles

jump rope and ALWAYS stay on your toes

sorry to be redundant, but KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK thai pads and heavy bags

when you are done doing that

KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK thai pads and heavy bags

squats without weights is also important for leg strength

then, of course. there is

KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK the thai pads and heavy bags

exactly what lkfmdc said.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

jump rope and ALWAYS stay on your toes

Could you actually jump rope flat footed??

I can''t even imagine it.

jump rope and (end of statement about jumping rope, OK?) (as in when practicing - always stay on your toes)

Thanks. So basically, i have to just kick until i can kick no more, and then do some more kicks.

Also, i heard about sopme training technique the thia's use where they just bounce on the inside of a car tire..Anyone heard of this?

Oh, and what is a hindu squat?
    Last edited by SirenOfAcreLane; 01-30-2003 at 03:01 PM.

car tires?

I know that some Thai boxers practice kicking the trunks of young banana trees, but there probably aren't too many of those in tropical Britain...

sirenofacreland - A hindu squat is a body weight excersise.

You stand up straight, legs a little less then shoulder width apart with arms crossed horizontally in front of you. Bend at the knees until you are in a sitting squatting position and come back up. As you go down, you swing your arms back behind your waist to help maintain balance as you go down, and then swing them back up to the starting position as you come up. I am doing 100 at the moment and it's tough!