View Poll Results: Should Misfortune be the new Fat Sagat, like there is Fat Majin Boo?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • yeah man

7 43.75%
  • no man

1 6.25%
  • you little wonder little wonder you

1 6.25%
  • boring

7 43.75%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Muay Thai

http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/mt/mt.html

that'll keep you busy for a little while.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

go to underground kickboxing forum and if you want a good asnwer create a thread Attn:Khun Kao (Brooks Miller)

or check out the AXkickboxing forum. Sandy Holt provides good info.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

How is Khun Kao doing, he hasn't been here in a while that I've seen....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

i was sparring him sunday......... he's well... i'm bruised....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

lol.. cool.. sounds good.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

seven "energies" of muay thai

I was digging through the archives and found a book that details the various aspects of a power generation. Below is a summary of each energy:

transition: energy gained from motion relative to an opponent's position

velocity: speed of the body and body weapon as it approaches its target

rotation: turning of the hip while delivering a strike

snap: quick forward motion of the shoulder when punching, or the sharp turning of the foot when kicking. This is not to be confused with the snapping back of kicks seen in tma.

torque: spinning of the hand just before impact - this energy occurs only in punching.

triangulation: dropping the hand, foot or elbow down upon impact, driving the energy of the strike downward

gravitation: pull of the earth, connection to it - provides all leverage for attack and defense.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 07-31-2004 at 07:49 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

no no no 7*.

It's impossible that a non-Chinese indigenous art could have come up with some sort of energy concept that is correct.

On the off chance it is correct, it is clearly influenced/derived from a Chinese art.

When will you ever learn?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Well, in fairness, Thailand isn't far from China.

Still, those don't seem to correspond with the energies I'm familiar with from taiji, and I see plenty of value in it.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

My seven energies of muay thai:

1. Caffeine

2. Caffeine

3. Caffeine

4. Caffeine

5. Red Bull (it's on the muay thai boxing shorts and so I assume it's a sponsor)

6. Red Bull

7. Red Bull.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

snap: quick forward motion of the shoulder when punching, or the sharp turning of the foot when kicking. This is not to be confused with the snapping back of kicks seen in tma.
    i got the shoulder thing, but what do you mean by turning of the foot exactly.

.... the only thing i can think of is this one kick i used to do that started off as a low front and you kinda popped your hips to turn it into a side kick at impact. i dont think thats what you're talking about though.
    where's my beer?

when doing "snap" with the foot, I think it ties in with triangulation. When kicking to the legs, as the hip turns over the leg/foot naturally turns with it, and the kick can then be angled down, which is another turn of the foot, and is where the triangulation is introduced.

Iron, yeah, red bull has been sponsoring matched in thailand for years. I just recently found that out too. We talked about it in a thread here not too long ago

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...light=red+bull
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Merryprankster
    no no no 7*.

It's impossible that a non-Chinese indigenous art could have come up with some sort of energy concept that is correct.

On the off chance it is correct, it is clearly influenced/derived from a Chinese art.

When will you ever learn?
    You mean like this?

Or this?

Or maybe this one?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

In that first image, the guy in guard shoulda been trying to posture, not attack - his elbows should be in and he should be passing. Who taught that guy?

the second pic is a preferred takedown of the capoeira instructor that teaches in our school

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

The last pic conclusively demonstrates the CMA influence on Professional Wrestling.

"But to be the man you gotta beat the man...and I'm the Man!

Whoooooo!"

I can see it now...

And it's "Black Sash Wong" coming of the top ropes, OH but "Super Dragon Master Liu" rolls out of the way.

The Black Sash is hurt folks! What a colossal mistake! He missed with Flying Gorilla Shakes the Earth! Liu pounds him with the toe of his boot - that's illegal!

Now Liu attacks Wong's leg with his patented "Dragon Snaps the Tree!" Wong cries out to the referree. The Ref is asking if Wong wants to continue.... but he taps out! He gives in to the submission. What a colossal upset! The "Shadow Hand Rebellion" - his brothers in arms - are dismayed.

The Dragon Master wins again!!!

Of course, the UG's pretty sure it's a worked match.

You know what I think is amazing? That wheels are round the world over...they seem to work best that way
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by Merryprankster
    You know what I think is amazing? That wheels are round the world over...they seem to work best that way
    Wheel=chinese.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons