Thread: this theory I have

this theory I have

I've been thinking that there are probably some positive effects to be gained from walking backwards and/or with your eyes closed. Assuming you can do it in a safe place and not run into things.

I'm probably not the first person to think of it, but I thought I'd throw that out there. What do you think?
    Last edited by abobo; 11-19-2003 at 03:24 AM.

I used to moon walk when I was kid.

Walking backwards?

Just waste all your time walking forward...aka running.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

The positive effects include: falling down, walking into traffic, people tripping you, being attacked after you accidentally walk into a gender-inappropriate bathroom, ...
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

I saw a chick running backwards on campus a few months ago. She was looking over her shoulder.

If you run backwards you will improve at running backwards. You need to ask yourself if there is a reason that you would need to improve your backward running ability.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I've been thinking that there are probably some positive effects to be gained from walking backwards and/or with your eyes closed.
    Yeah, I myself like to incorporate backward running whenever I go for a run down. I find that it helps to target muscles that are not used when running forward (obviously ). I do this based on the theory that you need to strengthen the antagonist in order to maintain a stable balance of strength. Essentially, its an injury prevention training supplement, primarily to create stronger support in the ankles, and also to protect against nasty shin-splints. I like to do zig-zags, dodges, jumps etc too. Adds I bit of fun, is probably handy to practise, and you tend to push yourself a bit harder without realising it.

As for doing it with your eyes closed, thats a slightly different thread I think.

When strolling on campus during slow hours (weekends, evenings, summer semesters) I very frequently close my eyes for long periods of time. It's tremendously rewarding, but I can't quite say exactly how.

Wink

Colin:
    Accidentely strolled into the girl's locker room did we?
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Colin Kennedy
    When strolling on campus during slow hours (weekends, evenings, summer semesters) I very frequently close my eyes for long periods of time. It's tremendously rewarding, but I can't quite say exactly how.
    Don't do it at night too much. You might not see the muggers approaching you.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

10. Thumbs up

Great avatar,man.You rule.

Honestly,cannot see why you would do that (referring to your question).
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-