Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: real martial arts

Originally posted by Mat
    Hi Sek, still up? Boy, am I gonna kick your ass tomorrow...!
    Oh yeah well... well... well.... well I'm gonna look ****ed cool losing!

It's late, my eyes are the proverbial ****holes in the snow. all... wit.... gone...

Originally posted by Sekabin

Oh yeah well... well... well.... well I'm gonna look ****ed cool losing!
    Which god-fearing fellow set the bad-language filter to filter out 'd-a-m-n'??? bizarre

TTT for every one from Oz.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

I think we were all out drowning our sorrows...

Actually, I was kinda annoyed - I missed the game, because the tv reception where I was is cr@p. From what I gather, though, it was one hell of a good game to watch. Gotta give props, as they say, to Wilkinson. Man, that guy's good. No wonder my little bro (who knows heaps more about the game than I do) counts him the best in the world.

Congrats to the Poms.. It was surprising we got as far as we did, I thought, considering the way our team was playing earlier in the tournament.

I can't be too down about the loss, though... my dad had money on the Poms to win.
    Geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

LOL, F-a-r-t is also a bad word here.

Imagine if Royce played Rugby...
    He would choke out everyone on the whole team!
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

I was fortunate enough to score a ticket to the game. What a night!!

Congratulations to the Poms - great game, and the best team won. No complaints from me, your team outplayed the Wallabies.

And I can honestly say I am not gutted. I was disappointed to lose, but with the atmosphere at the stadium, and the fact that the Wallabies had played as hard a game as they could, there was no way I could stay unhappy for long. It was a wonderful night for the game of rugby.

See you all in Paris 2007
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by SanSoo Student
    Imagine if Royce played Rugby...
    He would choke out everyone on the whole team!
    Royce would die in about 5 seconds on a rugby field
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    If rugby players are so tough, how come they only make it as kickers in the NFL?
    Maybe they think wearing pads is for softcocks.

I'm pretty upset about the game. Ain't gunna get no congrats from me, Liokault

It was a great game, but we did really well just to stay in it. I was pretty excited by the brilliant Larkham kick/Toqiri try at the beginning. That was a classic play. But after that, it was a struggle for Oz. I thought we were lucky to stop (many) more tries from the poms and we were never close to crossing their line again. I think we could have done better in the last few minutes to keep possession and stop the inevitable drop goal and take it to sudden death, but whatever.

One more thing, Jonny's a great kicker and all, but I cringe every time everyone says he's the best player ever, deserves a knighthood (!), blah, blah. It's just because he's the glamour boy. I remember one game earlier in the tournament where (like all games) viewers ring in with their votes for the best player and it was like 90% Wilkinson even though he'd had a shocker. It's all about the marketing. Even in the final, votes were something like 55% Wilkinson, 40% Toqiri and minor placings to others. Toqiri wasn't deserving of best, but everyone in Oz knows him because he's marketed and because he got a try, therefore best player to the 95% of viewers who don't know the first thing about rugby. Dunno who I would've voted for. Larkham was good, would've been better if not injured. Gregan was good to never give up. Flatley handled the pressure well. Johnson was typically good. Tindall was dangerous, and so was Robinson. All of those (and others) deserved recognition.

</rant over>

Congratulations England

Don't leave home without a Jonny.

I agree with Jonny' s mum, bless her, who said

Jonny Wilkinson's mum
    It's not just one boy that wins the game, it's the whole team.

I bet goldenboy loves it when his mum talks to the international press

Fair play to him, but he just did his job on Saturday IMO, nothing special. Man of the match should have been Tindall I reckon. He was everywhere, no-one got through him in the middle, and he drove through the Ozzie front row (with some beautifully placed palm-heels) like a hot knife through butter... making some great opportunities.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan