Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is more important in life? --A thread for everyone..

What is more important in life? --A thread for everyone..

What are your goals in life?
    martial arts, work, family, future, health, money

Is the most important thing in life to get a 'good' job, raise a family and die rich? Or have you choosen/are you thinking of choosing a job that won't make you wealthy, but that you enjoy doing?

I'm in a period where I don't know what to do. I don't know what will bring me the most happiness in life and my future. Should I strive for a work that can bring me alot of money or try to find a work that I infact like doing? I'm curious on what people around here do, on your thoughts. I know many here work, have a family and have lived alot longer than me. When you look back on your life, are you happy the way things turned out? Did you reach your goals?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

For me, the most important thing in life is being your own person, and doing what makes you happy. I could never work at a job I didnt like, simply because I'd feel like much of my life would be spent hating where I was.

just my opinion
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Do what you got to do at this point of life. You have not lived a long time, so live like a person your age. Live like yourself.

What is more important, a good life, or money?

This might be answered with this: Can money buy happiness?

You just need time to think, a thing we have all went through. You are not alone.

-YG

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
    -Ambrose Bierce

It is said by some that the quickest way to happiness is to remove ambition.

If you "want" something, but cannot attain it in a timeline you create, it is this wanting that will make you unhappy. If you let things come and fall into place, you will be happy.

I am more of a let things happen sort of person and i want for very little. the less I want the happier I am.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thumbs up

Thank's for replying guys!

Getting a job that I like is probebly more important than getting rich. I guess it's the way society portraits the rich as being more important that puts alot of preasure on the young ones.

What is more important, a good life, or money?
    In my case I'd have to say a good life is more important. I know people who are poor and could really need a better income . Those people might choose money insted of happiness.

It is said by some that the quickest way to happiness is to remove ambition.

If you "want" something, but cannot attain it in a timeline you create, it is this wanting that will make you unhappy. If you let things come and fall into place, you will be happy.
    Good way of thinking. But if I don't have any ambition I might wake up one day and realize I havn't accomplished anything of substance.

.....or maybe the other way around. Who knows. haha It's good that I can vent here though. It's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking like this.
    On the subject, there's a book by Dalai Lama called the Way to Happiness (or something similar). I might pick it up
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Dalai Lama is a faker. I can point some way better books out of that kind, just holler

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the ride."
    That said, I don't think things have to be an either/ or decision. If you find something you love to do and you're good at it, then you will do it better than anything else you COULD do. From there it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to make a comfortable, prosperous living at it. I spent most of my adult life...wait, no, I actually spent ALL of my adult life doing jobs I didn't like. I had the mind set "You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." I was raised to believe that it didn't matter if I liked what I did for a living. Finally (I guess I'm kinda slow sometimes ) I looked around & said "Hey! There are all these people I see on TV & in magazines, etc. doing things they enjoy AND making a good living at it!" It occured to me that loving what you do will get you to work harder at it and do it better than anyone who's doing the same thing just to make a buck. Around the same time I got laid- off from a job I hated and so I asked myself "What would I really love to do for a living?" Well, I had always wanted to learn and teach Chinese Internal MA (specifically Hsing-I) so I packed my stuff up, put it into storage and moved out here to the West Coast, found some top-notch instructors and am currently training to become an instructor. I pay my bills by working a low-paying (but easy) security guard job. Right now, I love what I'm doing because I'm moving toward a worthwhile goal. When that goal is achieved, I'll continue with other goals (opening a school, training students to be the best they can be, training further in the arts, etc). And that (to me) is what it's all about. Do what you love. Do it well. Make a good living at it, and help others in the process by teaching them something worthwhile. Peace.

The msot important thing for me is my Family, everything else comes later.

Having a good paying job and such is nice, but they are there to help me and my family enjoy life.

Your goals and values in life will change as you grow older, gain experience and your living circumstances change.

I would have to say actually living your life. Really appreciating every one of its many gifts. Approach everything as if it was your first and last time.

Conan!, What is most important in life?

To Crush your enemies,

See then driven before you,

and hear the lamentation of the women........

and be the govenator of CaLI-four-nya.......

peace
    love
    and good happiness stuff

we may be humans
    but we're still
    animals
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

In the long run nothing is important!....in the short term I would say beer.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Familiy & Health

Health and your family should be the most important. Without these things all else will suffer. For me faith is important. If we're the most intelligent beings in the Universe...we're fugged big time.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

i am also at this point in life of choosing...

i picked bo obs

Good choice!

I was rather hoping for a link to one of those internet surveys when I saw this thread title. Decisions are too difficult for humans to make properly--we should leave the task to machines.