Thread: interesting advice

interesting advice

http://t-mag.com/nation_articles/288id.jsp
    Too Pooped to Pummel
    Q: Coach, I'm doing Meltdown I along with the T-Dawg Diet 2.0 and martial arts sparring. The fat is melting, but the trouble is I’m hitting a wall and falling flat on my face during sparring! Should I eat more carbs or what?
    A: Sure, you could just add carbs, but the trouble is that carbs will slow down your fat loss and deplete valuable muscle-amino acids through gluconeogenisis. Besides, there’s a better way!
    It’s the combination of energy system depletion (ATP-CP, lactic acid, aerobic) along with a lowering blood PH (acidity) that’s causing your crash. In the absence of carbs, you need to harness more energy yield by speeding up the breakdown of fats (lipolysis) into fatty acids, glycerol, and ketones. Through trial and error, I’ve found that supplementing five to six grams of pyruvate promotes acetyl CoA accumulation, which in turn increases the formation of ketones to be used for energy. (By the way, something your anatomy and physiology book won’t tell you, ketones can be used by the brain and actually spare muscle tissue breakdown better than carbs do.)
    So, increase dietary fats and pyruvate. This is easily done by increasing your saturated fats. Simply switch one of your white meat protein meals to a red meat protein. Next, add another tablespoon of smart fats to balance out the saturated fat increase. Finally, supplement five grams of creatine pyruvate taken in divided dosages with food.
    In exactly 72 hours, you'll feel great. Now, if by some freak of nature you don’t feel great, then you’re simply dehydrated. Drink two or three teaspoons of vegetable glycerol per day with 16 ounces of water in divided dosages. To restore PH balance, take one tablespoon of baking soda with water just prior to training or sparring. This alone will increase time to exhaustion by 15%.
    Give those tips a shot and let me know how they worked for you!
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

News to me! Thanks. I'll look into this.

yeah.... i never heard of half that stuff..... and NO ONE hasever told me about the baking soda thing.....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

WATCH IT WITH THAT BAKING SODA!!
    The word is that 1 in 2 people gets explosive diarrhea from drinking it as an athletic supplement. I know runners who took it to help with exhaustion and had some pretty, er, rough races. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned. You may want to try it sometime before moments before an intense sparring session. You don't want to be known for that kind of secret kung fu.
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro

Talking

ROFLMAO!!!
    You don't want to be known for that kind of secret kung fu.