Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good reads in various magazines

I've exchanged emails with Prout. Dude made some pretty big claims that could get some very unfriendly knocks at his door He basically gave me a page long hostile arogant run around about a simple question when I inquired about his school's Chin Woo membership, and refused to discuss the subject any further. Came off as a real *****. I didn't bother reading his article. Took one look at the pictures, knew who wrote it, and put the book down.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Natural Tiger

I've attempted to respond to your email regarding this discussion twice.

"user unknown"

???

feel free to email me again.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Sevenstar,

Go to Borders, Barnes & Nobles, etc. It has to be somewhere in Memphis.
    Monkey vs. Robot

Thanks Yum Cha

We've been discussing on a thread on our Shaolin forum - click here!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm staying quiet as much as I can...buuuutt, I have to agree with Abel on the comments about Kash's internal Tai Tzu looking like Yang style Tai Chi.

If the internal Tai Tzu even exists, it's the form Liu Yun Qiao taught to Adam Hsu. I have footage of it being performed by a student, externally, but I CAN see how it could be internal if the principals were applied. Does it look like Kash's Yang style Tai Chi short form, that *HE* calls Tai Tzu? Nope, not a shade in hell. It's a long Fist form pure and simple, just like the rest of the system, seen world wide across many branches.

My stance on Kash and company is pretty well known by now, so there is no need to go into it further.

I'm only going to say to Gene, "Shame on you, you should have known better."
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I'm only going to say to Gene, "Shame on you, you should have known better."
    Gene is just the messenger. You don't like what was written? Get off your tush and write your own article.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Actually, I'd like to get a collaborated effort between myself, Abel's line, and several other that I know who do authentic, traditional Tai tzu Chang Chuan. I have a rough draft already written covering history, evolution and a break down of various branches, and how I believe they all connect together.

What I need is for those who practice the art, to contribute some if of their own lines, and histories, as well as some video of their forms, and maybe some applications as well, so I can digitize them, turn them into still shots, and include them in the article.

When I have all my facts square, and all my "ducks" in a row, I want to submit a three issue series covering everything from the Shaolin Temple Tai Tzu, to the Tai tzu Hong Chuan, the short Southern system, the Monkey that goes with the Long Fist, to the elusive, and rare Internal Tai Tzu (And believe me, it AIN'T a Yang Tai Chi short form).

I'm a long ways away from having something that solid though, but it has been in the works for about 9 months to a year now.

I can say this though, Tai Tzu is Tai Tzu, it's NOT Hsing I, Tai Chi, or Bagua. Six harmonies, Eight Methods DID NOT come from Tai Tzu. If anything, some of the "Tai Tzu" came FROM Six Harmonies, Eight Methods as the Emperor is said to have been a child hood student of Chen Hsi-i, the mythical founder of the Six Harmonies Eight Methods style. That article by Kash and Prout is so full of lies, BS and twisted half truths, I can't believe KFM would even consider publishing it in the first place.

I'm getting more and more PO'd as I write, can anyone tell?

Watching a baffoon like Kash prostitute the history, and legends, and seeing him twist it all around for his own Egocentrical, selfish money Grubbing desires, wile not even TEACHING anything remotely like Tai Tzu (Ie his Tai Chi, Hsing I and Bagua is being taught instead, unde the ELF headding), not only makes ME sick, but Tai tzu practitioners I know around the WORLD are sick to their stomachs at how he rapes, and degrades our art.

Those of us that practice it SHOULD step up, and counter this moron so the world can see what it is we really do.

Authentic Tai Tzu Chang chuan is a breathtakingly beautiful art, rich in history, lineage and movement, yet at the same time, it's direct, effective and devoid of useless flash seen in many more modern Long Fist styles. It's contributions to, and influence on the entire Chinese martial arts community is both profound, and wide spread. It stands on it's own feet, of it's own value as a priceless part of Chinese culture and tradtion. One who really knows the art, even in part, does not need to *Sell* the stories and history of the Emperor, and *Sell* the name "Tai Tzu Chang Chuan" to his students, and then turn around and actually teach Tai Chi, Hsing I and Bagua in it's place. Those of us who actually *Know* the art to any degree only need to show our art as it has been done for over 1000 years, as it is meant to be. We don't need deception to survive, and propagate our teachings.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 12-15-2003 at 06:41 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Special Invite for You!

RD,
    Im a student of Sifu Kash's, a private student. I researched him and have spoken with many of his former students and families of his teachers. He is legit. I don't study Long Fist but the Five Family Fist Kung Fu. Yes I have conversed with Sifu Sime Ma.
    You seem to have an issue, with what Sifu Kash is teaching, but who are you to question this?! So you must have this knowledge from studying from a famous teacher or have you compiled some information and are now have this knowledge. Let us put these arguments to rest and come up with a soulution for you and all others out in internet world.
    I would like to extend a hand to you in GOODWILL and invite you to the new school of Sifu Kash's, my cost. I will pay for your travel (flight and transprotation to and from the airport), lodging and meals. Is it worth your time to come and have all the answers to your questions, all the concerns you have clairified or are you just a person who loves to stir the pot?
    What will it be? (by the waySifu has no idea Im doing this) A free trip to N.C., While here you can travel, at my expense, to the beautiful town of Boone and visit Master Ric Ward and tell him in person what he teaches is also not real Kung Fu. He may not be as friendly about this.
    This is a friendly, but very serious invite. Time to put up or shut up, put your money (my money) where your mouth is. What do you say. This trip may help get your ducks in a row.
    I await your answer with great anticipation.

Natural Tiger (EVL)

free trip.. cool.. Wanna pay my plane tickets too?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

If I say your sifu sucks, will you pay my way too?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Wait - did Natural Tiger just issue a challenge to RD to fight his sifu??! That doesn't sound so kosher to me, "let's you and him fight." In fact, anybody that tried that with me would be more likely to get his ass kicked than the guy he wanted me to beat down.

Tread lightly...........

If he's not carefull with his next few posts, what he might end up with is several people showing up at his door, not just RD.

There are a lot of people not exactly thrilled with Kash.

Kash out

You don't like what was written? Get off your tush and write your own article.
    Thanks MK.

On a side note, it turns out Kash's article wasn't the only simultaneous pub we had in our
    Jan Feb 2004 issue. Adam Hsu also simultaneously published his Three Magic Mirrors to Reveal the Purity of Your Kung Fu article in Taiwan Wul Lin Vol. 15, presently on stands in Taiwan. Of course, that version was in Chinese, so there isn't so much overlap.

BTW, have you checked out Taiwan Wu Lin yet? It's the best Kung Fu magazine out there (except for us of course). It has really nice production, reminiscent of some of the high end Japanese MA magazines, and some great traditional articles. I really admire their work.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'd have to use it as a picture book..

This could get intresting by the way.. granted if this guy is for rizzle.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread