Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Good reads in various magazines

LOL!!!

I know how old YOU are now!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Talking

I doubt it, although I've posted it b4

Don't hate the master pieces!
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

<--------clinking three bottles together with my fingers.

Haven't seen that movie since the '80s. It rocked.

Ironically, "Warriors" come on a few nights ago on Cinemax and was featured on" I love the 70's-1979".

So speaking of warriors, when is Natural tiger going to tell me where and who he is? I can't cower in fear if I don't know whom to direct it to.

I think we all know he's on dokungfu.com....................................do n't we?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Happy new year!!!

Supposedly the "man" is in san fran and not you know who. But it semms we'll never know.

I quit reading when he got to Zhang Sen Feng.

Originally posted by Brad
    So, does Kash claim that Tai Tzu is made up of Taiji, Bagua, and Xingyi or does he claim that Taiji, Bagua, and Xingyi are Tai Tzu and not what they actually are?
    After reading that much of the article, I wondered if Tai Tzu is an actual style or if it's just something those two goofs made up for $$$.

For an art that supposed to be a pre-cursor to other internal systems, it sure didn't seem like they knew much about their descendants.
    Wing Chun has lots of sayings. If sayings won fights, WC would rule the world (presumably by talking its opponents to death).

Empirical evidence strongly suggests this has yet to happen.

--anerlich

Tai Tzu is a real art, very real. I just don't think David Kash knows any of it. I believe his teacher, Chao Yuh feng IS a descendant of the Emperor, but I think he was not a Tai Tzu master. Instead, I think he does whatever Taiji, Hsing I and Bagua that is currently prevelant in his family. He may have done Tai Tzu too though, I don't know. All I know is EVERYTHING David Kash "Calls" Tai Tzu is Taiji, Hsing I and Bagua. His "External" Tai Tzu turned out to be varients of the modern Chin Woo forms.

My personal theory, is Kash wasn't interested in Tai Tzu, because he knew all the Won Ark way stuff (Tai Tzu is mostly external till almost the very end, and he had plenty of external stuff at the time), he wanted internal, so he learned the Chao family Taiji, Hsing I and Bagua instead. I belive he just "Clings" to the history of the Tai Tzu, as a marketing ploy. He's been doing this for so long, that it's too late for him to turn back, and be honest about it, so he just keeps going as he's always done.

I think he's a dishonest individual to begin with, so I don't think it's all that hard for him. My impression of him when we talked, was that he's a slightly delusion man, and to a point, may also believe his some of his own BS.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 01-01-2004 at 06:11 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I'd be happy to be an impartial ref if that makes Nat Tig fel better. I've got decent creds - reffed at Bolt's thing, and dozens of Combat shuai chiao and Judo events. Probably can even arrange a location that is moderatly safe...

That's if Abel doesn't mind coming back North...I can promise both sides It'll be friendly, and professional - no BS allowed, just good sportsmanship.

Course - I don't expect Nat Tig to follow up on this, just thought I'd offer...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

I don't expect Nat Tig to follow up on this, just thought I'd offer.

Doesn't look like it.........

After reading that much of the article, I wondered if Tai Tzu is an actual style or if it's just something those two goofs made up for $$$.

As for *Two* goofs, no, Kash was doing this back in the late 80's, apparently wile Chao Yuh Feng was still alive, I'm told. Seibert is just the latest goof to give him a serious amount of cash to hold a place in the lineage.

The sad part, is it's not really too hard to find material on the system today. SC's John Wang has a set or two posted on it on the Empty Flower forum even. Over the years, I've managed to collect enough of it to put together an entire system of authentic Tai Tzu. Granted, it's a *Mad Sampler* of Tai Tzu from various lineages around the world, but I have begining, intermediate, and advanced sets of it well documented now. I defenetly have the "Essence" of it.

Now the hard part of working it all out, and testing my results is all that remains. We'll see if I have what it takes to finnish this project in the comming years.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 01-01-2004 at 06:20 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a