Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pink panther movie!

Wink New pink panther movie!

I heard somewhere that they are making a new panther movie with Steve Martin as "inspecteur" Clouseau and....Jackie Chan as Kato!...I can't wait for the new Martial art "ambush/training" these two will perform.

BTW, how many knew that form of scenario training was inspired from an old Bogart movie called "Tokio Joe"?...The character played by Bogart ,a journalist in Tokio prior to WWII, was having his japanese assistant attacking him by surprise at any occasions to test his ju-jitsu.

I don't know why...

...but a fight scene between Steve Martin and Jackie Chan actually sounds funny to me...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Why shouldn't it.....

Jackie is/was (depending on your view of him) in the upper echelon of physical comedy.. Martin is considered by some stoners..errr people to be a comedic genious (although you wouldn't know it by any of his latest movies).....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Martin is still great it's just that his agents stick him to these ****ing bad movies lately. If he chooses a better one where he can really do his thing than it will be hilarious
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

This one is near the top of my must-see list. I can see Jackie's face now, as he goes flying past Clouseau after Clouseau trips on a footstool or something.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

lol

n u gotta love the pink panter theme
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Remember GM Ed Parker in Return of the Pink Panther, rumor was that the desk break was improvised and not a fake desk...

As for Steve Martin..havent laughed at one of his films since Three Amigos. Why El Guapo? Because they arent funny, ok mabey Dirty Rotten Scoundrals....

But I am week and will most likely fork out my $8.
    At a boy Luther!!!!

I think Jim Carey would do a better Clouseau... wouldn't be a big stretch for him after Ace Ventura, also I think he'd be better at physical humour.
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

I would like to see Rowin Atkinson (SP) play Inspector Clouseau.Many know him as MR.Bean.

For some reason when i see him Inspector Clouseau just comes to mind.I have'nt even seen the Johnny English movie yet.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Steve Martin peaked with LA Story. Jackie Chan peaked with Police Story. Coincidence...or something more sinister?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

After falling from the heights of Blackadder, to the depths of Mr Bean, and the unmentionable Johnny Let-me-get-my-hands-round-his-scrawny-neck 'English' the only thing Atkinson is fit for is even less mentionable.

Martin should be able to do the job, but Chan has to be wrong for Kato.

1) he's too old,
    2) his movements are too suited to slapstick and not the heroic struggles that Kato initiated,
    3) he's as Japanese as Bert Kwouk.

If they can't find a decent Japanese actor, or at least on that looks the part, maybe it should be time for the younger looking, more lithe Jet Li to start with comedy. He showed a couple of moments in the OUATIC series, and his movements would suit Kato better.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

John Cleese should play the inspector.
    A unique snowflake

Jet Li is young? Damn you gotta be old chap

Cleese is funnier than Martin in my opinion

Steve Martin's been doing physical comedy since Jim Carrey's mom was making him kraft dinner.

Rowan Atkinson might be good, but most americans don't get it. Ditto John Cleese.

I wasn't aware that Kato was required to be japanese. Either way, americans won't care. Second, in what way wasn't Kato slapstick?
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

I really hope Chan doesnt do it. He keeps taking these crappy movies (ie The tuxedo, Medalion), people go to see martial artists in movies for the martial arts.....not the acting