Thread: Latest issue

Latest issue

Hi Gene, just to follow on from my previous post about the lack of interesting articles in the magazines recently, I'd just like to say that from the looks of the newest issue I am greatly looking forward to it. Looks very interesting.

I just got the issue Friday afternoon and it is a great issue.

The Emperor's Long Fist article was a nice read. A bit long (not a bad thing in this case), as far as the photos not being that large, and having plenty of text. I enjoyed reading that article, and chances are I shall glance over it again.

I have not gotten to the cover story article yet, I will probably read it Sunday evening, though it looks like I might enjoy it.

The Three Magic Mirrors to Reveal The Purity of your Kung Fu article peaks my interest, though I have been very busy since Friday, and have not had the chance to read the article yet.

No comment on the 6 Elbows article cause I have not even had the chance to glance at it.

I am also wanting to read the Mizong Quan article, and hope it is as good as it looks visually.

I will read over the Wing Chun article, though it looks like another article on Chi Sao so I dunno how much that will interest me right now (maybe later when I start to do chi sao it will).

Visually it looks like it shows promise, though do to lack of time these last couple days (as soon as I get home I go out with friends and drag myself in around midnight tired) I have not had the chance to look too much into it.

Oh, and loved the picture of MasterKiller, norther practioner and Mizong Kid over on page 97. I couldn't help but smile when it said "KFM forum members" hehe.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 12-01-2003 at 09:51 AM.
    I have a signature.

Oh, and loved the picture of MasterKiller, norther practioner and Mizong Kid over on page 97. I couldn't help but smile when it said "KFM forum members" hehe.
    LOL

Thanks again KFTC mag and Gigi (who took the pic).
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I haven't seen it yet!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I just picked it up....

oh, and my shrfu is in the picture below ours...lol
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Thanks for the feedback

Hope you all enjoy the New Issue - Jan Feb 2004!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The Emperor's Long Fist article was a nice read. A bit long (not a bad thing in this case), as far as the photos not being that large, and having plenty of text. I enjoyed reading that article, and chances are I shall glance over it again.

Reply]
    The problem with that artical, is it's total BS. The author is a known fraud, and most of what he claims is Emperor's Long Fist is actually Tai Chi, Hsing I and Bagua. It's like he was an internal guy trained in the three sisters, and needed a good story to sell his school, so he stole, and adapted the history of Tai Tzu to fit his needs.

The real thing is a long Fist style. The internal is just applying Taoist internal principals to the already existing forms.

I think the artical and it's sister one simutainiously published in Inside Kung Fu are just lame attempts to make himself look like he's actually credible.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

The Taizu Article

We were discussing the validity of that piece on this thread on the main forum. Check it out.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart