Thread: Choking out a drunk

Choking out a drunk

I was at a party the other night and after a few beers a few guys decided it would be fun to grapple. I was wondering what, if any, adverse side effects may occur from choking out a drunk individual. I mean, other than an easy KO, what problems could potentially arise that would not necessarily occur when choking out a sober person?
    -ZC
    "Whole body become secret weapon." -Uncle explaining the benefits of Kung Fu.

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

I would have thought there would be little difference - you are still restricting blood and oxygen to the brain, resulting in loss of conciousness. Then again, I could be wrong
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Dredging up my "First Aid for Binge Drinkers" notes from college here somewhere ...

A significant risk for someone who's severely drunk & passed out is choking, i.e. on their own vomit. So if you choked someone out for whatever reason, turn him on his side to make sure his air passages stay clear and stay by his side until he wakes up.

Alcohol might aggravate existing, known or unknown medical problems, like a bad heart.

Hmm that's it ... I got nothin'.