Thread: A L T

A L T

Hi
    I have just had a blood test which shows my alt (alanie aminotransferase) is high about 150
    Does anybody know if it will stay that way or what I need to do to cure it, my doctor just sent me away for more tests
    Best Regards
    Peter

what is alt?

Hi
    ALT is one of the markers for hepatocellular injury, the other two being AST and LDH. ALT can be high due to an acute problem such as recently acquiring Hep A , Hep B , or taking too much acetamonophen, or an autoimmune problem. Chronic elevation can be due to being an alcoholic, Hep C , fatty liver, chronic use of meds (acetaminophen, psych meds, others ), Hep B, iron overload. As I recall you were at 150 or 130 and most labs-which have different markers- have the upper limit of ALT at 36 to 38 for the upper limits of normal levels. Go back and talk to your M.D.. to learn about the blood results indicate.
    Modern medicine and complementary medicine have plenty of methods to help lower ALT.

Peter
    I never heard of alt before, but I hope all works out for you.
    Bless you

Pilgrim
    Thanx for your reply, means very little to me but I will be back to my doctor and ask questionsv when I get the blood tests
    Bod
    Seriously it could be a reaction to stopping smoking
    but that will sort itself out
    I think it is to do with my teeth situation and the poison going into my stomach but I'm not sure
    cheers
    Peter