Thread: this issues publishers corner

Thumbs up this issues publishers corner

I really liked the publishers corner in this issue. Gigi Oh did a fantastic job describing exactly what I beleive. I practice mostly traditional but have recently started learning some competative routines. I do think they are all of the same origin, and all have value. There are many people who don't like the sport of wushu just because it is not traditonal. The traditional also came from what was before it.....

Good article
    Bless you

Glad you liked it

I'll let her know. If you enjoyed that Wushu article with Aiping Cheng, you'll love the rest of the Wushu in the White House series - we're running it through 2004 as part of the 30th anniversary.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up

keep up the good work

I also love it when you guys have chinese characters with pinyin and English. Very good!
    Bless you

Picked up the issue yesterday, I do like the piece that Gigi wrote in the begining, and of course I liked the piece with Jimmy Wong and how to throw a succesful tournie. I haven't had the chance to read the rest yet, but what is up with some of these people writing letters.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Letters

We get some pretty amusing letters. We also get an occassional manifesto. Most people just send us emails nowadays (or posts here) so when some one bothers to actually write us a letter, we're flattered, even if it's critical.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

There were a lot of critical letters of Lou Reed, wow, I like Lou's music. I felt like writting a letter just to protect Lou from peoples opinions. Gene, if you want to sell magazines you gotta put bodhitree in it, not Nor Prac, Mast Kill, of Miz K. Got it
    Bless you

Lou

Whenever we do anything the least bit experimental, like the Lou Reed cover, it elicits negative response from someone. On the whole, martial artists can be frightfully narrow-minded. But we were very happy with that experiment. We got good cross-over coverage in FHM and Entertainment Weekly which is really what we were aiming for. Also, FWIW, the cover story was interesting, but you can read it for yourself and be your own judge. Like all our issues, we post the cover stories here on our website.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I just kinda chuckle at what I call second handed opinions in those letters.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

comments on Lou

On of our office workers *and I won't say who* thought we shouldn't run those letters because Lou would be offended. Obviously that person didn't know who Lou Reed was. Embarrassingly, only a few people here really know who Lou Reed is. That has made this whole episode particularly amusing for me, personally.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips