Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Shuai-Chiao(my definition)

DarkKnight Guest

My Shuai-Chiao(my definition)

A style is as much about the practitioner as it is the actual person. Personal interpretation is the really the soul of the art. I read alot of threads about Shuai-chiao (SC) and it seems that my vision is very different from others. Mind you that my interest in SC stems from years of working as a Bouncer and poice officer.
    SC is a brutal and savage system that slams your opponent into unforgiving objects (walls, floors, trees ect,) often breaking arms and legs on the way down. It is the perfect stand up style and has an extensive anti-ground fighting component. It is not a style that should be used if you are worried about not hurting your opponent or worried about getting sued.
    To engage a SC man is like trying to hold on to a flesh ripping, joint breaking tornado. If you watch a SC competition it would be easy to mistake it for a type of judo, but this would be a serious misnomer. Though I won my weight class at the SC nationals, I really didn't feel that I demonstated the true art. Not the art that I see. Real SC can only be expressed in reality fighting. San Shou has some elements to this but even that is vastly watered down. The style that I call Shuai-chiao is very powerful. That is why I train it.

wu_de36 Guest
    I have made it a habit to highly respect most Shuai Chiao practitioners I come across.

Kristoffer Guest
    Shuai Shiao rules!!
    Im entering a ss comp. in november.. :eek: that will be scary :rolleyes: .. :D

~K~
    "maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

GGL Guest

Agreed

I have to agree with Darknight. I have been studying Shuai Chiao for bout 8 years now and have found it one of the most brutal arts around. I have tried BJJ and some standup punch kick arts and have found no comparison to Shuai Chiao. It it has every element of a complete Martial art... punch kick lock and most of all throws.

Good post Darknight!!!!!

Tvebak Guest

The truth at last:)

What i have understood is that shuai-chiao is basicly judo without groundwork.
    I always hoped this was not true.
    Is there anywhere on the net where i may find some pictures or drawings of shuai-chiao techniques?

DarkKnight Guest
    I don't know of any such site, but I would be happy to try and answer any questions you have.

Water Dragon Guest
    www.combatshuaichiao.com

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

GGL Guest

Shuai Chiao site

http://shuaichiao.org

check it out

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Hey, GGL, is it possible I know you? This is Austin, from Paul Hwang's Tai Chi People school.

MonkeySlap Too Guest
    Shuai Chiao is much more than just Judo without ground work. A buddy of mine who is a long time Kenpo roughneck refers to us as 'Klingon Combat School.'

It is effective, simple, direct and not goinmg to get you in touch with your inner child - although your inner child might get knocked out of you when you hit the ground.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Nutt'nhunny Guest
    actually shaui chiao is quite internal, the postures have internal training to them. Also many shuai chiao practitioners crosstrain in tai chi, which coincidentally has shuai chiao.

I don't personally beleive that judo/jj has all the same stuff that shuai chiao has. Very very similar, but jj is made for the gi, SC for the jacket.

Then again I'm not a master of either, so I can't say whats there and whats not. Shuai chio "fast" version. Is very very advanced and seems to use more rooting than jj/judo, in it's circular movements. BTW Trad, jj, like kano jj looks very very much like shuai chiao minus the cool set ups and footwork.

a grabbing stlye like mantis or eagle claw combined with shuai chiao and hsing I would be awesome. Too bad those old masters werent into cross training. Looks like I'll have to keep practicing and try to make a personal fighting system.

A little help with that....Which eagle claw master would teach me the most, hsing I? Shuai chiao?

GGL Guest

Hey Ch'ang

I've met Paul a couple of times and have seen his tai chi.. very good.. I even seen his Chang style tai chi... I'm up in RR with Cent Tex Martial Arts (Dave Pickens school).. it is very possible that we have met.. been to tournaments.. or any gatherings..?

Chang Style Novice Guest
    No tournaments, I'd have gone to the one last week but for the flu...

only gathering was Shifu Hwang's Christmas/housewarming party last year.

GGL Guest

Ch'ang

Kool.. Is Jeff Hughes still over there.. I haven't talk to him in a while.. I think he is helping us a the Harry Man Festival in Brushy Creek next week.... I always open to discuss Shuai Chiao.. we could meet sometime

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Jeff's the Mantis guy, right? If so, no. He's got his own place in south Austin now.