Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking about quiting.... help!

Talking LOL @ rouge

hatched in the well, probably helped by a swallow. Some schools have lot's of students who want to spar. I know a few from that school that would want to spar more. Where's baldmantis when you need him?
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

No Bag?
    Bag training is one of the 3 pillars of mantis according to the oldest manuscripts on the subject.
    Nor is it advanced.
    It, along with strength training are the most basic of the basic.

Also, how is it you do 7* mantis?
    Su's primary mantis teachers are Zhang Dekuei,
    Wang Songting,
    Wei Shiao Tang,
    Gao Daosheng.

None of these people are 7* schools.

It is usually ok to look at other school's class, especially basics.
    Why not do that?

Tainan

YoungMantis's teacher Mr. Wong learned from Su before Liu Yun Qaio. He also may have learned from others. But you know as well as anyone, what a prolific collector Su Yu Chang is. I heard he is the only person who ever learned the linking form in every system of mantis. I don't know who it comes from but he must have gotten a lot of seven star from somewhere since it has filtered it way into several branches of Wu Tang schools. Maybe Tony Yang had some influence given his mantis background?
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Young Mantis,

If you have any questions in regards to your training, you can send me an email: oslowutan@yahoo.com
    "For ministers, Taji quan is used to rule the country.
    For generals, Baji quan is used to defend the country."

Young Mantis,

I just read Paolo's email. I've been mad busy with work and all so I haven't been on line. The reason Sifu Wong told you what he did is because at the beginning stages getting the appropriate form down is more important than hitting the bag. The reason for this is because getting the correct energy is more important than getting the exercise of hitting the bag. As far as sparring goes, there are some among your seniors who do this regularly, myself being one of them. I've been with Sifu Wong six years and he has never told me I must not do bag work, or lift, or spar. To the contrary, while he doesn't frown on these activities, he doesn't do them at the school, but they are part of what brought him to the level he's at. Well, not lifting but all the rest. I just helped him move and I remember lifting more than one heavy bag. Why do you think he has them? We're also going to be planting a forest of poles outside of his house this summer. If you hang around long enough you'll know what I mean. As far as the class you're in: If you're a beginner I'm sure you aren't going to Sifu's class. Different instructors at the school have different emphasis. As long as the core of their teachings are consistent Sifu lets us do our thing. My class is a bit different than others at the school becasue I have a different emphasis in my own training so my class is structured a bit differently. There are three components of training: Form, Power Generation, and Usage. My classes are broken down along these lines. We do basics and forms for form, Stances and Chi Kung for power generation and two man drills and bagwork for usage. When people are ready I have them spar against me and each other. My classes are in Eagle River you need to come out. Bring a towel you'll need it

Check your PM's
    Last edited by BaldMonk; 12-07-2003 at 10:27 AM.
    "Speed knots are our greatest teachers"

"I specialize in Kuoshu and Ghetto Diction"
    BaldMonk, from the Baldy Chronicles Volume III Chapter IV