Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: write a list of wah lum forms that you know

write a list of wah lum forms that you know

I want to find out what forms wah lum have.

Wah Lum has like a gazillion forms. I only learned a few of them the time that I trained there from 94'-96'.

WL forms

Hand forms: 16 hands, little open gate, straight form, seven Kicks, 18elbows,little mantis, say lok, 36 hands, leopard, low han, wah lum one - six, fan cha, big mantis, buddha palm,lok low,little fan cha

Advanced sets:drunken form,swallow,plum flower, six corners, 18 kicks, 18 locking hands, tin fong fingers, so lo sow, tong long juk dung,soft form

Weapons: 16 style stick,right hand stick,basic stick, yin hand stick plum flower stick,double daggers,single broadsword, double broadsword,flute,spear gim , 9 ring long handle sword, 9 ring short, master stick , 3 section stick,double hook,yin chin broadsword,fan, double axe, kwan do, tiger fork, butterfly knives, army sword, di so gee, fire wheels, whip chain, rope dart

18 Elders

That's quite an impressive list! With all that knowledge and experience, it seems that the WL newbies would listen when you have something to say...........
    "Do not follow in the footsteps of the men of old, seek what they sought"

Hand Forms

You forgot the Two man form!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

is that it? I thought there's more than that. how about the ones that aren't on the wah lum curriculum? do they have hung gar's tiger crane?

It is possible that 18 Elders is just skimming the surface.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Wow 18elders that is alot of info. The next question would be how much do you rember?

Re: WL forms

Originally posted by 18elders
    Hand forms: 16 hands, little open gate, straight form, seven Kicks, 18elbows,little mantis, say lok, 36 hands, leopard, low han, wah lum one - six, fan cha, big mantis, buddha palm,lok low,little fan cha

Advanced sets:drunken form,swallow,plum flower, six corners, 18 kicks, 18 locking hands, tin fong fingers, so lo sow, tong long juk dung,soft form

Weapons: 16 style stick,right hand stick,basic stick, yin hand stick plum flower stick,double daggers,single broadsword, double broadsword,flute,spear gim , 9 ring long handle sword, 9 ring short, master stick , 3 section stick,double hook,yin chin broadsword,fan, double axe, kwan do, tiger fork, butterfly knives, army sword, di so gee, fire wheels, whip chain, rope dart
    What were your favorite forms/sets/weapons you learned in WL?

Shaolin Dude-

No disrespect, but what do you mean "that's it"? By my count, thats 58 forms, not too shabby!!!! That is by no means the entire WL system, but it is quite an impressive list. They do have nice forms. You should go to the WL in Boston and pick up a manual to find out the entire # of forms- too long to post. As far as Hung Gar's Tiger Crane, it's not officially a part of the WL system (as far as I know) but there definitely are/were Sifu's in WL who know it from cross training/previous experience. Why not just go see Bob Rosen up there in Boston and get a handbook?

Jack
    "Do not follow in the footsteps of the men of old, seek what they sought"

Yes it is an impressive list. Not to mention how long the forms were! WL forms, both hand and weapons, were lengthy, challenging and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. There is the issue of the southern flavor... not necessarily a bad thing.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

they're pretty to watch. pia chan (sp?) is a good performer.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 12-11-2003 at 10:37 AM.

forms

Jack squat-I didn't learn all of them, just listing forms out of the handbook. I did learn all the hand forms except for the advanced set list and big mantis although i do have it on tape.

also most of the weapons sets except army sword, rope dart, butterfly knives, master stick, yin hand stick

isol8d-weapons- spear, long and short handle 9 ring, double b's, plum flower fan

hand forms-like big mantis altough didn't officially learn it, second form, 36 hands

now didnt pai chan create the system when he was in boston by combining 2 different styles?

this is why I said that's it. my friend asked my sifu(yao li) how many forms he know. he told us he know about 270 forms. yao went to china and learn like 30 contemporary forms so that means wah lum might have 240 forms. unless he have trained in other schools too.